Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,800 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
Samsara is looking for an experienced Technical Support Engineer to provide world-class frontline hardware and software support experience to our customers, through email, webtickets, chat and phones. You will be a part of our Tier 2 support team within the umbrella of the Global Technical Support organization with a primary focus on our Mexico customers. You will be responsible for resolving complex customer problems and improving support across all teams. Your work will be collaborative in nature, working together with other support engineers in multiple support locations to serve our customers and troubleshoot complex issues.
The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background with experience in a technical support role, proven customer-facing skills, and strong communication skills. You understand the day-to-day aspects of customer support including managing tickets, building knowledge base articles, and providing product feedback to engineering and product management teams.
Click here to learn about what we value at Samsara.
In this role, you will:
- Product Expertise: Become an expert on Samsara’s product portfolio of complete Internet of Things (“IoT”) solutions combining hardware, software, and cloud to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across multiple industries.
- Technical Troubleshooting: Use your technical knowledge and product expertise to troubleshoot and resolve customer issues with medium to high complexity.
- Responsiveness & Resolution: Respond to customers and resolve their inquiries in a timely and helpful manner with a primary focus on meeting our SLA goals. This role will manage all frontline support including webtickets, email, chats and phones.
- Documentation: Partner with Enablement to author and maintain customer-facing knowledge base articles to help improve the self-serviceability for our end users.
- Partnerships: Work closely to develop partnerships with our Engineering and Product teams in order to reproduce bugs and build testbeds as necessary.
- Feedback Loop: Provide direct feedback to Support management for product and process improvements to help enhance the customer experience.
- Team Player: Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- B.S. degree in Engineering, Computer Science or similar STEM field.
- 3+ years of experience in a Support Technician or System Administrator role.
- Excellent communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong bias for action, ability to dive deep, and insistence on the highest standards.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, creativity, and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Advanced English skills.
An ideal candidate also has:
- Heavy equipment experience and electro mechanical systems knowledge.
- Automotive or Diesel controls engineering knowledge (CAN/OBD/J1939).
- IoT, networking and wireless troubleshooting skills.
- Data Analysis skills. SQL/JSON/Python/Tableau.
- Strong familiarity with using CRMs like Zendesk or Salesforce.
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email [email protected] or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants. As most roles are not required to be in the office, we are able to hire remotely where Samsara has an established presence. If a role is required to be in a certain location and candidates do not have work authorization for that location, Samsara will conduct an immigration assessment. If the role is not required to be in a specific location, Samsara will move forward with the remote location that works best for the business. All offers of employment are contingent upon an individual’s ability to secure and maintain the legal right to work at the company.
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.
Want to learn more about Samsara? Visit Samsara's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one