Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the Role
We are seeking a dynamic product marketing leader to help accelerate the adoption of our technology by the market, and establish Samsara’s position as the leader in connected fleets.
In this role, you’ll lead the product marketing team responsible for all of our fleet product families, marketing solutions ranging from route optimization to driver safety to preventative maintenance. You’ll help to lead strategic new marketing initiatives such as new product launches and pushes into new geographies and verticals. As a leader within the company, you’ll directly manage and grow the product marketing team, and will help develop the short- and long-term go-to-market plan. You’ll partner with PM and outbound marketing teams to maximize Marketing’s impact on revenue growth, and help to bring a disruptive new technology to an industry that’s ripe for innovation.
In this role, you will:
- Story Telling: Ability to communicate Samsara’s vision to diverse audiences, and to span messaging from high-level value propositions to feature-level product differentiation.
- Customer Focus: In prior roles, demonstrates an excellent knowledge of the customer, the competition, and how a technology uniquely solves that customer’s problems.
- Sales Enablement: Develop industry narratives, playbooks and full funnel programs to empower a rapidly growing sales force to close more deals, faster, and at a higher lifetime value. Proven track record in developing highly effective sales presentations and collateral.
- Creativity: Thrives in an environment without a set playbook, is excited to build a scalable, high-impact product marketing team that drives growth across the company.
- Scale: Ability to hit the ground running, while being able to build, and scale a team for the future. Possess exceptional ability to work cross functionally, with marketing, growth, sales, product and executive leadership.
- Leadership: Track record of hiring and developing strong talent; “leads from the front”, with deep knowledge of operational details, project management process, and a willingness to get hands dirty.
- Integrated Marketing: Track record of close partnership with growth and demand generation teams to driving sales growth through marketing.
- Insights: Develop insights on user data, account data, voice of the customer, and campaign effectiveness through reports or research. Works with business partners to translate insights into actionable recommendations that promote business objectives and drive tangible business results.
- GTM: Helps define the strategy, goals and measurement methods for cohesive cross- functional plans that enable winning execution for customer acquisition, engagement, upsell and retention.
- Product Expert & Presenting: Be a product spokesperson, both internally and externally, and one of our points of contact for analysis relations. Explain the Samsara vision, and demo our product at briefing and events; showcasing the best of Samsara to our customers.
- Championing, role modeling, and embedding Samsara’s cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally and across new offices
- Hire, develop, and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high performing team
An ideal candidate has:
- Experience marketing in an enterprise technology sales cycle; familiar with inside and field sales, SDR programs, and outbound marketing campaigns
- Deep understanding of software. Experience with wireless systems, analytics, or big data are a plus.
- Expert-level public speaking. Comfortable presenting to internal and external audiences, large and small.
- Strong messaging skills. Ability to create or edit content at an expert level.
- Comfortable engaging with trade press and industry analysts
- Track record of hiring and leading top product marketing talent
- Undergraduate degree; a technical undergraduate degree is a big plus, and an MBA is a nice-to-have.
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at [email protected]
About Breakthroughs in semiconductors are making sensors smaller and radically cheaper, and wireless Internet connectivity is becoming ubiquitous. Yet traditional enterprise-scale sensor systems still require complex infrastructure, from hard-wired networks to servers, middleware, and custom code. As a result, sensor projects can take months — if not years — to bring online. Samsara disrupts the traditional sensor model with an integrated, software-centric solution. Our products combine plug-and-play sensors, wireless connectivity, and rich cloud-hosted software, all tightly-integrated for simple deployment. Samsara was founded in early 2015 by Sanjit Biswas and John Bicket. Sanjit and John previously co-founded Meraki, the cloud networking leader. Meraki was acquired by Cisco for $1.2 billion in 2012, and under Sanjit and John's continued leadership became one of Cisco’s fastest growing businesses. Samsara’s team includes veteran executives and technical leaders from companies including Google, Apple, and Meraki, who bring experience in big data, cloud software, and hardware design. In Sanskrit, "Samsara" is the eternal cycle of life and rebirth.
Want to learn more about Samsara? Visit Samsara's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos