IT Systems Administrator
Sapcorda, Scottsdale, United States
THE FUTURE OF FLYING, DRIVING AND NAVIGATING IN THE REAL WORLD
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Day to Day
- Attend the helpdesk system and calls to follow up requests.
- Serves as a contact for users having problems using computer software, hardware, operating systems, as well as access and authorization to resources,
- Provides support for all system modifications and installations,
- Investigates and resolves complex hardware, software, and network problems,
- Enforces appropriate IT security measures,
- Performs backups monitoring on daily basis,
- Perform and coordinate daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs,
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- System Delivery
- Maintains and improves delivery systems availability, functionality, and performance for multiple systems as a responsible of SLA compliance.
- Help increasing user satisfaction by responding improving service desk duties
- Analyzes user inquiries and problems to recommend changes, which would result in the reduction of problems.
- Responsible to improve current processes to maintain the efficiency on them
- Responsible of keeping inventories of equipment and stock items up to date
- Ensures timely escalation of problems by documenting actions taken.
- Business Support
- Install new / rebuild existing infrastructure and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure and for the business
- Assists with the design, planning, provisioning, deployment, documentation, and support/maintenance of servers, applications, and LAN/WAN network configurations.
- Participate, in different roles, with the running projects for new applications or services deployment. From the architecture to the support.
- Ensure systems are being backed up and the backups are efficient.Develop and maintain an efficient infrastructure, minimizing the waste of resources with proper capacity planning.
- Ensure the maintenance of the equipment’s is current in contract and the actual maintenance executed in regular basis
- Collaborate with the business continuity plan.
- Maintains a professional helpful attitude with all users.
- Required “On Call” duty
- Advanced interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a deadline driven environment
- Discipline to follow instructions from start to end under any circumstances.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to work with all management levels
- Required Education and Experience
- Minimum: BS or Associates in Computer Science or Equivalent Experience
- Minimum: 1-3 years of Desktop Support experience,
- 3 years of infrastructure server support experience
- 3 year of storage management experience
- Clear understanding on network concepts, firewalls, routing, vlans, networks, with 3 years of experience.
- Advanced experience in troubleshooting infrastructure issues, including, but not limited to, servers, users computer, cellphones, network equipment.
- Basic knowledge of Linux operative system
- Proficient knowledge on VMware.
- Working knowledge of hardware and software troubleshooting (Windows)Ability to research and track purchasing of hardware and software
- Advanced Level – Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access, MS Project, plus knowledge and experience with Windows 2008/2012, Exchange 2003/2007, MS
- Ability to create scripts in different languages for administration purposes
- Exciting and diversified projects in an high-tech customer environment
- Opportunities for self-realization and promotion of creativity
- Work and lifestyle balance in an exciting and positive attitude team environment
Sapcorda is the developer of the world’s first GNSS positioning service that is built to enable the future of autonomous vehicles. Sapcorda’s service combines accuracy and availability with extreme scalability and safety to bring ultra-positioning to the mass-market. Started as a joint-venture of four of the world’s leading positioning and mobility companies, Sapcorda’s deeply experienced team is focused exclusively on delivering open corrections services. These are available to all positioning system developers, without the need for any bundled hardware.