Satellogic aims to capture every square meter of the Earth's surface to derive insights and enable better decision making for industries, governments, and individuals. Addressing some of humanity’s most pressing challenges, such as providing food or distributing energy for nine billion people without depleting resources, requires real-time planet-scale data. Satellogic has created small, inexpensive satellites, that transmit real-time data and images back home. Our constellation already has several high-resolution satellites in orbit and is growing to 300 in the next few years to provide new insights about our planet.
For this role you will need to be interested in a wide range of technical issues, be eager to learn and excited about solving challenging problems. You must love programming, have proven software development experience and see coding as a key means to validate your ideas.
In this role, you will:
- Development of the software that prepares and ingests earth images to our machine learning
- help on the development of the software of rasterization of different sources of vectorial geographic information
- Identify and suggest various opportunities to improve efficiency and functionality
- Design Development and support of the software to operate a constellation of satellites
What we value
- Strong software engineering skills in Python: distributed version control, object-oriented design, agile mentality.
- Experience using the Python scientific ecosystem: Jupyter notebook, NumPy, SciPy
- Familiarity with geospatial data: GeoTIFFs, ESRI shapefiles, GeoJSON
- Exposure to Geographical Information Systems (QGIS, GRASS...) and databases (PostGIS, SpatiaLite...)
- Knowledge of GDAL and the geospatial Python libraries on top of it (Fiona, Shapely, rasterio..)
- An active member of the community: PyCons, PyDays, meetups, mailing lists... everything counts
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our goal is to enable a real-time understanding of our planet. How will we provide food for nine billion people? How will we generate and distribute energy to this population? How can we achieve that in a sustainable manner, without draining resources from future generations? In the midst of global interconnectedness, accelerated change and rising competitive pressure, we strive to empower companies, governments and individuals to make smarter decisions based on updated global data and insights. By monitoring changes in real time on a planetary scale, we are transforming our relationship with the planet, helping us tackle the most pressing challenges, and creating a new layer of worldwide awareness.
Want to learn more about Satellogic? Visit Satellogic's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director of Loyalty
Glossier, New York, NY
Guest Experience Specialist
Blue Bottle Coffee, Multiple Locations
Lead Stylist - Supervisor, Montgomery Mall
Bonobos, Bethesda, MD
Director Security Business Operations
Manager, Premier Support
Hortonworks, Bangalore, India
Customer Success Guru (Fluent in Danish)
Shopify, Remote in Ireland