Satellogic aims to capture every square meter of the Earth's surface to derive insights and enable better decision making for industries, governments, and individuals. Addressing some of humanity’s most pressing challenges, such as providing food or distributing energy for nine billion people without depleting resources, requires real-time planet-scale data. Satellogic has created small, inexpensive satellites, that transmit real-time data and images back home. Our constellation already has several high-resolution satellites in orbit and is growing to 300 in the next few years to provide new insights about our planet.
As a member of the Delivery team, you will need to be interested in a wide range of technical issues, be eager to learn and excited about solving challenging problems. You must love programming, have proven software development experience and see coding as a key means to validate your ideas.
In this role, you will:
- Write and implement software solutions
- Write reusable and testable code
- Identify and suggest various opportunities to improve efficiency and functionalityc
- Design Development and support of the software to operate a constellation of satellites
What we value
- Strong software engineering skills in Python.
- Ability to function independently and in a team environment
- Distributed version control (GIT)
- Object-oriented design, agile mentality.
- Ability to learn new software, frameworks, and APIs
- Detail oriented
- Excellent English and great communication skills overall.
- Experience with production infrastructure, *nix
- Experience with monitoring and alerting systems
- Experience with working with containers, infrastructure as code and cloud providers (Azure, AWS)
- An active member of the community: PyCons, PyDays, meetups, mailing lists or similar.
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come to do their best work.
Our goal is to enable a real-time understanding of our planet. How will we provide food for nine billion people? How will we generate and distribute energy to this population? How can we achieve that in a sustainable manner, without draining resources from future generations? In the midst of global interconnectedness, accelerated change and rising competitive pressure, we strive to empower companies, governments and individuals to make smarter decisions based on updated global data and insights. By monitoring changes in real time on a planetary scale, we are transforming our relationship with the planet, helping us tackle the most pressing challenges, and creating a new layer of worldwide awareness.
Want to learn more about Satellogic? Visit Satellogic's website.
Jobs You May Like
Customer Success Manager
MongoDB, New York City
Ad Operations and Paid Social Analyst
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
Senior Publisher Development Manager
Teads, New York
PM Shift Distribution Team Member
thredUP, Duluth, GA
Salesforce Technical Architect
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Brokerage Programs and Development
Convoy, Seattle, Washington