- Work with the team to articulate the vision and setting the roadmap for the Search component
- Work closely with partners across the organisation to make sure that you and the team provide for the company’s short and long-term goals
- Make sure that your team is strong and healthy – including capabilities, happiness, resilience and growth
- Ensure a healthy balance of innovation, support and maintenance. You will work with highly skilled engineers to allow for quick evolvement of a very core platform
- Be the Search Component champion: develop trust in your solution across all our Marketplaces. Craft deep relationships with local Marketplace and global product leaders
- Become a domain expert in search and product discovery solutions in Schibsted Marketplaces
- Ensure that success is measured in terms of business and user value, not just integrations, through experimentation driven product development
- Define the plan to scale features to all of Schibsted Marketplaces
Who You Are:
- You are experienced with search and information retrieval systems or products.
- Familiar with modern DevOps and Continuous Integration systems, Elastic Search and Lucene as a plus
- You have an understanding of different search ranking algorithms, data aggregation and NLP, you are also familiar with inputs sites use for search relevance
- Experienced in understanding how developers consume APIs
- You are an experienced Product Manager who has worked on API design
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. CS, CSE, EE) or relevant work experience (mandatory)
- You know how to communicate with stakeholders, as well as working closely with a cross-functional and distributed team.
- You are experienced in setting and executing on a product backlog, balancing innovation, maintenance and support.
- You are confident working with agile development teams
- You are passionate about the end user, and see the connection between the platform and the experience
- You are curious, collaborative, and empathetic
- Previous knowledge of marketplaces a definite plus
- Be genuinely passionate about building products that take on customer problems
- Create a culture of mutual trust and drive cooperation
- A track record of making data-informed decisions
- Excellent problem-solving, organisational, analytical and data skills
- Have a technical curiosity to understand the inner workings of algorithms used in personalisation
- Flexibility to travel once or twice a month to meet customers face to face
- You are pragmatic, impact-oriented, and critical
- You bring energy and humour to the team, helping us to have fun!
About us SHAPING THE MEDIA OF TOMORROW. TODAY. Schibsted is an international media group with 7,300 employees in 22 countries.Our strategy to become a global leader within our fields is bold. It consists of three elements that work seamlessly together: Classifieds, Growth and Media Houses. We aim to be a global leader in online classified marketplaces and offer the best solutions and services for our users. We invest in great entrepreneurs and help scale their businesses locally and internationally by leveraging the Schibsted ecosystem. We are building world class digital media houses that will shape the media landscape for years to come. Schibsted Media Group has a global reach with both global challenges and global opportunities. We are constantly looking for great talents to help us challenge the present: Developers in Paris, UX-designers in Stockholm, sales people in Sao Paulo and key account managers in Madrid. Why don't you check out the opportunities we are currently offering? We want to hear from you!
Want to learn more about Schibsted? Visit Schibsted's website.
Jobs You May Like
Quality Assurance Engineer
Gemini, New York, NY & Portland, OR
Data Scientist Internship
A³ by Airbus Group, Sunnyvale, CA
Technical Writer/Information Developer
NGINX, San Francisco
Developer Relations Technical Account Manager
Senior Software Engineer, Marketplace
Senior Software Engineer
Endurance International Group, Waltham, MA