- Engineer and implement highly scalable systems, using the best development practices and tools
- Help define our development environment, and communicate the best development practices within the organisation (i.e. code reviews, testing, etc)
- Continuously monitor the quality of our systems, design measurements to monitor their health (both the engineering systems and data quality)
- Keep on top of the latest and greatest developments in the distributed systems, the cloud, and data science fields
- Make sure any tech solution that you put in place is scalable, robust and resilient.
- Troubleshoot production systems when things go wrong
- A BSc (or equivalent) degree in Computer Science
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills
- A strong UNIX background (including concepts such as Namespaces, Capabilities, and TCP/IP )
- Proven ability and experience developing highly structured computer programs (C/C++, Golang, Java or equivalent)
- The ability to write scripts on dynamic languages to automate tasks and diagnose problems (Python or equivalent)
- Experience in building and maintaining systems at scale: service discovery, load balancing, secret management, dynamic request routing, circuit breakers and deployment schemes (rolling updates, canary, etc.)
- Experience with modern development and systems tools like Git, Travis, CloudFormation or similar
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong understanding of application transport
- In-depth knowledge of networking protocols
- Experience with Docker, AWS, GCE and similar technologies
About us SHAPING THE MEDIA OF TOMORROW. TODAY. Schibsted is an international media group with 7,300 employees in 22 countries.Our strategy to become a global leader within our fields is bold. It consists of three elements that work seamlessly together: Classifieds, Growth and Media Houses. We aim to be a global leader in online classified marketplaces and offer the best solutions and services for our users. We invest in great entrepreneurs and help scale their businesses locally and internationally by leveraging the Schibsted ecosystem. We are building world class digital media houses that will shape the media landscape for years to come. Schibsted Media Group has a global reach with both global challenges and global opportunities. We are constantly looking for great talents to help us challenge the present: Developers in Paris, UX-designers in Stockholm, sales people in Sao Paulo and key account managers in Madrid. Why don't you check out the opportunities we are currently offering? We want to hear from you!
Want to learn more about Schibsted? Visit Schibsted's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.