- Build state of the art components that have real revenue-generating impact
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team here in London & Paris and alongside colleagues throughout Europe
- Be creative and experiment with new solutions but pragmatic and committed to code optimisation, maintainability, and quality that can scale to a large user base
- Help define our development environment, and communicate the best development practices within the organisation (i.e. code reviews, testing, etc)
- Work closely with other teams (Stakeholders, Product and UX) to drive product development in an iterative and agile way
- Leading discussions and contributing to technical decisions, striving for clean architecture
- 2+ years of experience of Android development, Kotlin a big plus
- Distinctiveness - someone who can help us raise the bar.
- Enthusiasm for solving interesting problems; with real intellectual curiosity and generalism
- Demonstrated mastery and deep experience of developing Android SDKs - ideally with experience shipping robust mobile technologies or cutting-edge apps that have been enjoyed by large numbers of users.
- Excellent, deep experience of Java/Kotlin are (of course) necessary - it’s Android!Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
- Someone who has experience working collaboratively with geographically distributed teams (we have hubs in London, Barcelona, Stockholm and Oslo) would be preferable.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git and familiarity with Continuous Integration.
Desirable Experience (which you’ll be exposed to, if you’re not already)
- Experience with server side technologies for building web services for mobile devices
- CI/CD build pipelines
- DDD, SOLID, TDD
- AWS or any other cloud platform
- High comfort level working with multiple stakeholders from different parts of the organisation toward a consensus
- iOS/web development experience/interest a bonus
About us SHAPING THE MEDIA OF TOMORROW. TODAY. Schibsted is an international media group with 7,300 employees in 22 countries.Our strategy to become a global leader within our fields is bold. It consists of three elements that work seamlessly together: Classifieds, Growth and Media Houses. We aim to be a global leader in online classified marketplaces and offer the best solutions and services for our users. We invest in great entrepreneurs and help scale their businesses locally and internationally by leveraging the Schibsted ecosystem. We are building world class digital media houses that will shape the media landscape for years to come. Schibsted Media Group has a global reach with both global challenges and global opportunities. We are constantly looking for great talents to help us challenge the present: Developers in Paris, UX-designers in Stockholm, sales people in Sao Paulo and key account managers in Madrid. Why don't you check out the opportunities we are currently offering? We want to hear from you!
Want to learn more about Schibsted? Visit Schibsted's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.