- As part of the Storage Team within Schibsted you will be in charge of developing, deploying, maintaining, supporting a state-of-the-art Kafka platform managed As a Service
- Automating the operations and production of the minimizing manual intervention as much as possible
- Advise and train the adopters of the Kafka platform about usage and best practices.
- Help develop the best possible continuous delivery pipelines supporting features like automated promotion to production, automated canary releasing or blue green deployments
- Forensic analysis and troubleshooting when things go wrong
- Be part of the engineering organisation, set up guidelines, help other team to make design / reliability trade offs and implement systems that fail over gracefully and transparently to clients
- Implement monitoring and logging solutions that enable the production systems to be monitored 24/7
- Respond to requests from other teams by building self-service solutions
- Make sure that any tech solution that you put in place is robust, will scale, and failover / BCP systems are in place
- Liaise with 3rd parties to evaluate technology that Schibsted needs
- A BSc degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience in Managing Kafka Infrastructure is required.
- Experience with cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure, DigitalOcean)
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills.
- Good UNIX background
- The ability to write scripts to diagnose problems ( Python, Ruby, Bash or similar)
- Proven ability and experience developing computer programs (Golang, Java, Python, Ruby or similar)
- Experience in building systems that scale is required
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Immutable Deployments
About us SHAPING THE MEDIA OF TOMORROW. TODAY. Schibsted is an international media group with 7,300 employees in 22 countries.Our strategy to become a global leader within our fields is bold. It consists of three elements that work seamlessly together: Classifieds, Growth and Media Houses. We aim to be a global leader in online classified marketplaces and offer the best solutions and services for our users. We invest in great entrepreneurs and help scale their businesses locally and internationally by leveraging the Schibsted ecosystem. We are building world class digital media houses that will shape the media landscape for years to come. Schibsted Media Group has a global reach with both global challenges and global opportunities. We are constantly looking for great talents to help us challenge the present: Developers in Paris, UX-designers in Stockholm, sales people in Sao Paulo and key account managers in Madrid. Why don't you check out the opportunities we are currently offering? We want to hear from you!
Want to learn more about Schibsted? Visit Schibsted's website.
23 Active Jobs
Minimalist makeup and skincare