- Engineer and implement highly scalable systems and data pipelines for the Schibsted Data Platform, both for real-time and batch processing.
- Enable teams and local sites across the Schibsted organization to develop data-driven products and services through cross-team initiatives and collaboration.
- Design and implement best-in-class privacy compliant storage and access to personal data.
- Help define our development environment, and communicate the best development practices within the organization (i.e. code reviews, testing, etc).
- Participate in continuous improvement of the quality of our systems by establishing performance baselines and metrics and SLAs based on these
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or any quantitative field.
- Knowledge and and hands on experience with some of the state of the art big data technologies, s.a. Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Storm, Cassandra. We would like to contribute back, and the ideal candidate have contributed to one or some of these technologies and/or have an interest in continuing doing so.
- Programming languages such Scala, Java, Python but also shell scripting.
- Knowledge and hands on experience of developing services and application on cloud solutions such as AWS, Azure, Kubernetes or similar
- Familiarity of ETL-processes and how analysts work when extracting and wrangling data from a variety of sources, e.g. csv, SQL, json, services etc.
- Interest in having a broad impact in our organisation by keeping cross-team dependencies and relationships in mind while engineering solutions.
- Familiarity with devops, concurrent/multi-threaded programming, or distributed systems are all advantageous.
- Experience with Spark, Kafka, Cloudformation etc and familiarity is a plus.
- Graduates with a keen interest in one or more of these topics will also be considered.
About us SHAPING THE MEDIA OF TOMORROW. TODAY. Schibsted is an international media group with 7,300 employees in 22 countries.Our strategy to become a global leader within our fields is bold. It consists of three elements that work seamlessly together: Classifieds, Growth and Media Houses. We aim to be a global leader in online classified marketplaces and offer the best solutions and services for our users. We invest in great entrepreneurs and help scale their businesses locally and internationally by leveraging the Schibsted ecosystem. We are building world class digital media houses that will shape the media landscape for years to come. Schibsted Media Group has a global reach with both global challenges and global opportunities. We are constantly looking for great talents to help us challenge the present: Developers in Paris, UX-designers in Stockholm, sales people in Sao Paulo and key account managers in Madrid. Why don't you check out the opportunities we are currently offering? We want to hear from you!
Want to learn more about Schibsted? Visit Schibsted's website.
Using digital technology to transform the physical world