- Join a team of talented and motivated data scientists and engineers based in Oslo and Stockholm
- Develop impactful machine learning based services and products within the areas of personalisation and recommendation, predictive modeling, and automation, in close collaboration with product and engineering teams primarily within Schibsted Media
- Initiate and lead projects from idea to completion. Talk to product managers, business people and your peers to get an understanding of the project requirements. Take part in ideation, prototyping, and then write production code to train and serve machine learning models using latest tools and frameworks within ML and AI.
- Engineer and implement scalable systems and services around the models, using best development practices and state-of-art patterns and tools. Continuously monitor the quality of the systems, design measurements to monitor their health (both the engineering systems and data quality)
- Help defining and continuously improve our development environment, and communicate the best development practices within the organization (i.e., code reviews, testing, etc)
- Learn a lot and share your own knowledge. Travel occasionally, either to meet colleagues and work together, or to attend conferences
Relevant Skills and Experience
- Masters Degree in Computer Science (or similar)
- Fluent in multiple development languages (static and dynamic) as well as both functional and imperative programming, and interested in learning more. We currently use mostly Python and Scala
- Deep understanding of systems design, algorithms, and data structures
- Understanding and genuine interest of AI and machine learning methods and algorithms, e.g., classification, regression, gradient based optimisation and neural networks. Experience of building systems for model training and serving using, e.g., TensorFlow, Keras, or PyTorch
- Experience with cloud infrastructure, e.g., AWS or Google Cloud, and being familiar with container based architectures and microservices
- Experience with distributed computing technologies and “big data” technologies like MapReduce, Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, Storm, Cassandra, large scale storage systems
About us SHAPING THE MEDIA OF TOMORROW. TODAY. Schibsted is an international media group with 7,300 employees in 22 countries.Our strategy to become a global leader within our fields is bold. It consists of three elements that work seamlessly together: Classifieds, Growth and Media Houses. We aim to be a global leader in online classified marketplaces and offer the best solutions and services for our users. We invest in great entrepreneurs and help scale their businesses locally and internationally by leveraging the Schibsted ecosystem. We are building world class digital media houses that will shape the media landscape for years to come. Schibsted Media Group has a global reach with both global challenges and global opportunities. We are constantly looking for great talents to help us challenge the present: Developers in Paris, UX-designers in Stockholm, sales people in Sao Paulo and key account managers in Madrid. Why don't you check out the opportunities we are currently offering? We want to hear from you!
Want to learn more about Schibsted? Visit Schibsted's website.
The social news and entertainment company.