Senior Technical Product Manager
Schoology, NYC HQ
The only learning management system that connects the people, content, and systems that fuel education.
Schoology is one of the fastest growing education technology companies, with more than 20 million users across the world. We are giving educators all the tools they need to more easily personalize education and improve student outcomes, but in a way that works easily with their current systems and teaching approach. We’ve evolved the traditional learning management system into an education cloud: a platform that connects the people, content, and systems that fuel education.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment that’s fun, collaborative and innovative. We are looking for smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education and aren't afraid to show it.
What you’ll do:
As a Senior Product Manager at Schoology, we’ll ask you to evaluate the market, leverage context from prospects, customers, partners, internal stakeholders and your own experience to build and maintain a product roadmap that makes rational tradeoffs between these competing concerns.
You will also work with our UX designers, product architects, and engineering teams to deliver your roadmap by building an actionable backlog of work and then supporting our engineering teams as they develop the features you’ve defined.
As part of delivery, you will also work with our marketing and customer success teams on product update communication within Schoology, to our customer base, and to the market at large.
Product responsibilities include:
Helping Schoology grows as a leader in interoperability, by owning and expanding our integration experience with Student Information Systems (SIS). The SIS is a key system that nearly all Schools, Districts, and Universities utilize to manage student data, state reporting, and accreditation.
You will work with SIS Partners and standards bodies like IMS Global to create best in class integrations that involve the provisioning of data between systems and the passback of grades from Schoology to the SIS.
You will also work with our Corporate Development and Solutions Architecture teams to advance our overall strategy around interoperability.
To succeed in the position, you will have:
- 5+ years of software product management experience
- Familiarity with APIs with ability to read and understand API documentation
- Experience working as a technical product manager on a product that has a partner ecosystem of integrated third party applications. For example, for an enterprise, customer facing, or SaaS platform
- Experience working with cross-functional development teams (design, engineering, quality, and architecture) to define, plan and execute on roadmap initiatives
- Experience owning and developing product roadmap, with experience justifying business cases with key stakeholders
- Experience incorporating metrics/data into the planning process and measuring success
- Exceptional organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills, with the ability to quickly understand complex systems/data
- Experience gathering feature requests, usage data, and market analysis and distilling it into actionable items
Bonus points for:
- Experience managing APIs and technical partner integrations
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field
At Schoology, we are continuously advancing what is possible in education. You in?
Schoology is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind.
Millions of students, educators, and administrators from over 60,000 K-12 schools and higher education institutions worldwide use Schoology to advance what is possible in education. Their mission is nothing less than personalizing education for every student in America.
Want to learn more about Schoology? Visit https://www.schoology.com/
Jobs You May Like
Product Manager - Mobile
Reddit, San Francisco
Product Manager - Product and Service Excellence
Airbnb, Portland, Oregon
Product Manager University Grad (2018)
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Group Product Manager
TripAdvisor, San Francisco, CA
Textiles R&D Lead
Casper, San Francisco
Senior Design Strategist
Casper, San Francisco