- a tech company changing the way the world reads
- a membership that gives users access to the world’s largest online library of books, audiobooks, sheet music, news, and magazines
We value trying new things, craftsmanship, being an open book, and the people that make our team great.
Join us and build something meaningful.
About the Data Team
Our team is small but mighty, digesting terabytes of data, making sense of it, and delivering key insights that drive both business and product decisions. The team works on every aspect of the business so you’ll touch everything we do and have impact on all aspects of Scribd. If you look at problems from both a business and technical perspective, we’d love to talk to you!
- Provide decision-support to the whole company by doing analysis, building predictive models, creating reports - doing whatever it takes - to support data needs across the organization.
- Become a domain expert in all aspects of the Scribd business, product, and data model; use this expertise to provide advice to all teams in the usage of our data.
- Solve ambiguous problems
- Collaborate with stakeholders to determine the highest-impact opportunities
- 3-5+ years of professional experience in data science
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in math, stats, CS, physics or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with one of the following: NLP, recommendation systems, neural networks, predictive modeling
- Experience w/ a scripting language like Python, R, etc
- Comfortable w/ SQL
- Bonus points for experience w/ experimental design or deep learning
Why we work here
- We are located in downtown San Francisco, just a few minutes’ walk from BART
- 100% employer covered Medical/Dental/Vision for regular, full-time employees
- A budget for our employees to attend conferences, classes, and other events
- We have a lot of trust with very little bureaucracy
- Three meals a day, catered from local restaurants
- Coffee and tea runs every afternoon
- Apple laptops and Thunderbolt displays
- Company events that include monthly happy hours and offsites (past events include Safari West, Stinson Beach, ski trips, etc.)
- In the meantime, check out our office and meet some of the team on The Muse! https://www.themuse.com/companies/scribd
Scribd values diversity, and we make all hiring and employment decisions based on merit, qualifications, competence, talent, and contribution, not who you are by choice or circumstance. We value the people who make Scribd a great place to work and strive to create an environment where your work is supported and personhood respected.
About us Based in foggy San Francisco, Scribd is building the world's largest online library of books, audiobooks, comic books, and sheet music. Since we launched our membership reading service in 2013, our readers have clocked more than 20 million hours of reading and listening across all genres. We’ve partnered with some of the world's leading publishers to build a library of more than one million books, audiobooks, and comics, including New York Times bestsellers, Pulitzer Prize winners, celebrity authors and narrators, beloved comics series, acclaimed graphic novels, and reader favorites across every genre, and we get new arrivals every day. We also combine industry-leading discoverability and personalized recommendations by our editorial experts to guide our readers to their next favorite read. In addition to making the best reading service around, we've also built the world's most popular open platform for publishing and sharing documents of all kinds. Since launching the original Scribd platform in 2007, our users have shared more than 80 million documents via Scribd, from landmark court filings to business presentations to academic papers from scholars around the world.
Want to learn more about Scribd? Visit Scribd's website.
Jobs You May Like
Decibel Insight, Denver
Staff Software Engineer – Front End
Allbirds, Allbirds HQ
Senior Machine Learning Engineer
RealtyShares, San Francisco
Information Security Engineer
Datto, Norwalk, CT, Rochester, NY
Cloud Systems Developer
Cloudreach, Seattle, Atlanta, Remote US