Principal Product Designer
Seesaw, San Francisco, CA or Open to Remote in the US
Student Driven Digital Portfolios
Subject Matter (Your Responsibilities):
- Partner with product managers, user researchers, and engineers to deliver great user experiences for our customers.
- Collaborate with your fellow designers to maintain a consistent, high quality user experience across web and a variety of mobile devices. This includes exchanging feedback regularly on projects you're working on as well as creating/maintaining/evolving a design library that will help us continue to build efficiently.
- Work with the design team to see design initiatives through from concept to execution, creating a strong user experience for our users on the web as well as a variety of mobile devices.
- Learn and internalize real, priority use cases/user pain points by speaking to real users alongside colleagues throughout the company.
Prerequisites (The Requirements):
- 5+ years of experience designing, building, and shipping high quality consumer products, and a track record of working cross functionally with other designers, user researchers, product managers, and engineers to iterate until your work comes to life -- and actually works with real users.
- You’ll be able to share (and talk about) a portfolio of your work that shows examples of how you’ve been able to solve user problems in creative, simple ways, and how your designs unlocked new opportunities for your past companies.
- You are a product and systems thinker that can get to the root of user problems and propose solutions that are simple and flexible -- so simple tasks are simple and complex tasks are possible. You want to be part of the discussion about what we should build next, what we should remove, and what just isn’t working right yet.
- You have excellent communication skills so you can bring people along with your decisions -- what’s important to fix, and why and where your design works, and where you’re still iterating.
- You ask good questions and listen carefully so that we’re making decisions as a team that lead to a great product experience for teachers and students.
- You’ve worked on multiple platforms (at least two of iOS, Android, or the web) and know when consistency is important and when it gets in the way.
- You can visualize your ideas easily with one or more of the current mainstream design tools (Sketch, Illustrator, Figma, etc.) and are willing to learn new ones.
At Seesaw, our mission is to create an environment where students can be their best. For us, this means: Empowering students to take ownership of their learning and to reflect on their progress over time. Giving students tools to show what they know in the way that works best for them. Inspiring students to try their best by providing an audience for their work beyond the classroom. Creating a meaningful home-school connection so families can better support their child's learning.
Want to learn more about Seesaw? Visit Seesaw's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.