At Segment, we believe companies should be able to send their customer data wherever they want, whenever they want, with no fuss. We make this easy with a single platform that collects, stores and sends customer data from and to hundreds of business tools with the flick of a switch. Our goal is to make using customer data easy, and we’re looking for exceptional people to join the team.
Do you have a knack for explaining technical concepts? Do you want to work closely with big name companies to solve some of their toughest problems? We’re looking for a Senior Solutions Engineer who loves evangelizing technical concepts, solving problems, and wants to play a major role in increasing the adoption of best practices at our biggest customers. We care deeply about our developer community, users and partners, and we judge ourselves on how well we serve them.
You will be responsible for partnering with our Account Executives by removing technical and business related obstacles in front of a sale, advocating for customer interests to relevant internal teams, and creating compelling technical content. You get excited talking to engineers, product managers, growth marketers, and also know how to distill technical concepts to C-level executives. Last but not least, you’ll represent internal business teams in articulating the needs of our customers and the market back to our Engineering and Product leadership.
We are here to make life easier for our customers and to leave them with the “wow” feeling of having solved integration, data management and analytics issues with ease, style and class.
- Understand and qualify customer goals and effectively articulate Segment's ability to meet these goals
- Gain and maintain a deep understanding of the customers' architectural solutions/environment
- Work in concert with the Enterprise Account Executives to build and adapt sales strategies and drive towards successful sales into Global 2000 companies
- Assist in Sales stages such as opportunity qualification, demonstrations, Proof of Concept presentations (POC), RFP responses & business justification in a technical pre sales capacity
- Ensure the success of customer POCs through effective management of success criteria, planning and execution
- Distill and advocate customer interests, needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales
- Maintaining awareness of internal roadmap and new product features to evangelize with customers and their feedback to Segment product management and engineering groups
- Influence the improvement of Sales Engineering processes and practices
- Continuously learn and update skills and keep aware of industry trends in the integration and data management space
- Obsessed with solving customer problems
- Passionate commitment to closing sales deals
- 5+ years of experience in a sales/solutions engineering role, with a record of top performance in the B2B SAAS space for enterprise accounts
- A firm understanding of enterprise integration methodologies, best practices and API architecture
- Strong technical background with hands on professional or personal experience many of the following areas:
- Web development, mobile development, device platforms & architectures, ETL concepts and workflows, high availability systems and business continuity, message queuing patterns,Batch operations and pipeline design
- Development experience in one or more of the following languages:
- Ability to travel 25% to 50%
- Superior organizational skills working with multiple customers and have the ability to switch context quickly throughout the day with various competing demands
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field is preferred
- Background in product development, management or technical pre-sales of digital advertising technology such as ad platforms and networks, marketing automation, attribution etc.
- SQL development and optimization, Data warehousing, relational database architecture and data modeling with some of the following:
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redshift, BigQuery, Spark, Hadoop
About us Segment is a fast-growing startup building a platform for collecting customer data. We provide a single API to track customer data across multiple devices and channels, and send it to third-party tools, internal systems, or a SQL database with the flip of a switch. Segment eliminates the need to write code to integrate new tools, which saves time and removes dependencies across teammates. By consolidating tracking to one API, Segment sends consistent, complete data to every tool and database where companies need to use it. Segment is small, so everyone has a huge impact. With just a handful of people, we’re already processing billions of API calls every month. We love open sourcing our code and writing down everything we’ve learned. If you want to make an impact, and are excited about how data can change organizations, we want you.
Want to learn more about Segment? Visit Segment's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Security
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Palo Alto
Software Engineer - GUI
Zoox, Foster City, CA
Fearless, Baltimore - Fearless HQ
Mexico Finance Head – Financial Department
DiDi Labs, Mexico
Senior/Lead Software Engineer (Java/Kafka)
Software Engineer - Backend - Partnerships (Advertiser and Data Platform)
Yelp, San Francisco, CA