We are rapidly expanding our customer communications platform with a new set of display advertising capabilities. We’re looking for a talented and experienced Sr. Product Manager to help us expand into this huge and fast-growing market segment.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of Happy, Hungry, Honest, and Humble.
- Understand your target users through interviews, usage data, support tickets and other sources to understand their problems, and validate solutions to their most compelling problems.
- Champion a customer-first and metrics-driven approach to product management.
- Lead a cross-functional team from initial evaluation of ideas through the product development process to deliver products and experiences that our customers love and value.
- Prioritize and communicate a problem and opportunity backlog for the Display Ads product capability set.
- Partner with engineering leads to deliver projects via an Agile development process.
- Partner with marketing, customer success, support, and sales to launch new capabilities and track their results against SendGrid’s business goals.
- Communicate your projects internally to the company, to our customers, and to partners.
- Understand SendGrid’s strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized as best in the industry.
- 4+ years of experience in Product Management, ideally with significant ad tech, display or social advertising industry experience. A background in management consulting is also a plus.
- Passionate about online media, growing a new business line and working with advertisers and agencies to build innovative products. Experience working directly with publishers or channels in a business development capacity is a plus.
- Customer Focused – You seek deep understanding of your customers and are adept at understanding their problems and arriving at elegant solutions to those problems. You thrive in front of customers, partners, and analysts and use every external interaction to help inform your product decisions.
- Strategic – You absorb multiple internal and external inputs and use that information to define product strategy and prioritize the problems to solve. You are able to make difficult priority calls based on data and analysis and then communicate those decisions inside and outside of SendGrid.
- Git ‘er Done – You are comfortable serving as a product manager within an Agile environment. You are technical enough to convey problem statements to engineering with credibility and conviction. You are “hungry” and drive highly productive outcomes across the cross-functional teams you lead. You are meticulous, with strong attention to detail and an ability to manage to execution.
- Cross-functional Leader – You pull the right levers cross-functionally to get your products launched and supported. You communicate clearly and crisply and can help educate the company on the nuances of the ad tech market space. You develop trusting relationships internally and can rally the entire organization to ensure your product achieves intended business outcomes.
About Us Founded in 2009, after graduating from the TechStars program, SendGrid developed an industry-disrupting, cloud-based email service to solve the challenges of reliably delivering emails on behalf of growing companies. Like many great solutions, SendGrid was born from the frustration of three engineers whose application emails didn’t get delivered, so they built an app for email deliverability. Today, SendGrid is responsible for sending billions of emails for some of the best and brightest companies in the world.
Want to learn more about SendGrid? Visit SendGrid's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Developer
Upserve, Providence, RI
Video Production Assistant
Skillz, San Francisco
Senior Product Manager, App Development
Merrill, St. Paul, MN (USA)
Senior UX Designer
Contently, New York
Product Owner (m/f) Data Science
mytaxi!, Hamburg or Berlin