At SendGrid, we send over 1 billion emails every day, which gives us an opportunity to instrument, collect, deliver, transform and analyze an enormous amount of data.
The Data Platform team builds systems, tools, and infrastructure to power data-driven applications and decisions within SendGrid. In addition to leveraging open source technologies such as Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Presto, and Spark, we also create our own technology as necessary to satisfy the data needs of SendGrid.
As a member of the Data Platform team, you will use your skill and experience to keep our systems running smoothly and build new solutions as we continue to scale to deliver insights to our stakeholders
You will be expected to solve some of our most challenging data problems and contribute to the vision for data within SendGrid.
What You’ll Do
- Design, build, test, deploy, operate and maintain our high-scale big data systems
- Work with our architecture team to create new data technology as necessary
- Work with engineering, analytics, and product stakeholders to define data standards and best practices
- Leverage and contribute to open source technologies such as Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Presto, and Spark
- Democratize data access and promote the correct use of data and analytics across the company
- Build a strong data-centric culture inside and outside of SendGrid
- 5+ years of experience designing and implementing large scale software, most of which were spent working with Big Data technologies
- Strong coding ability in an object oriented language such as Golang, Java or Python
- Experience designing, implementing, and managing real-time big data platforms at petabyte scale
- Experience with open source data technologies
- Excellent SQL and data modeling skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field
- Bonus for competence with machine learning tools, techniques, and frameworks
About Us Founded in 2009, after graduating from the TechStars program, SendGrid developed an industry-disrupting, cloud-based email service to solve the challenges of reliably delivering emails on behalf of growing companies. Like many great solutions, SendGrid was born from the frustration of three engineers whose application emails didn’t get delivered, so they built an app for email deliverability. Today, SendGrid is responsible for sending billions of emails for some of the best and brightest companies in the world.
Want to learn more about SendGrid? Visit SendGrid's website.
Jobs You May Like
Lead Manufacturing Automation Engineer
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Senior Android Developer
metromile, San Francisco (Headquarters)
Site Reliability Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Washington, D.C.
Front End Developer – Infotainment Research
SF Motors, Santa Clara
Engineering Manager - User Growth
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer III