You will be part of the engineering leadership team at ServiceTitan, responsible for growing the organization and delivering product excellence. We provide exciting opportunities to make an immediate impact in our rapidly growing startup. We are quality minded, use the most modern tools on the Microsoft .NET platform, have an amazing culture, and love to solve complex problems. Over 50,000 people depend on our software to perform all their daily activities.
We’re looking for a Manager who will help us lead a team within the engineering organization at ServiceTitan. We need thoughtful, proactive leaders who support their teams, encourage growth, and drive accountability through results. We also desire those who can balance rapid iteration and development with high product quality expectations and who are innovative and comfortable with ambiguity.
As our Engineering Manager, you will:
- Take end to end ownership of team(s) projects
- Mentor and guide engineers within your team(s) and occasionally cross team
- Drive organization improvements while working with the Dr of Engineering and other Engineering Managers
- Help your team to improve their performance, the quality of their work; make major design decisions
- Collaborate with Recruiting — in particular, interview candidates and co-own activities related to lead generation (e.g. tech talks and blog posts) and screening (HackerRank tests)
- Communicate effectively with developers, product managers, customers, partners, and other leaders
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- Most of your work will be leadership and management focused but you will be expected to guide the technology decisions of your team and contribute as needed
- 1+ years of experience managing small to medium software development teams
- 5+ years of experience on senior engineering roles (designing APIs, abstractions, and tools used by other engineers)
- 8+ years of industry experience
- Expert-level knowledge of:
- Microsoft .NET technology stack (C# / .NET, ASP.NET MVC, Web APIs) and SQL databases (Microsoft SQL Server or any other)
- Git, unit testing, debugging, profiling, performance monitoring
- Strong communication and technical writing skills
B.S., M.S. or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field
ServiceTitan is the world’s leading and fastest-growing software technology platform for the trades, a trillion-dollar global industry. We help small business entrepreneurs run and grow their businesses. For more information about ServiceTitan, visit www.ServiceTitan.com.
Perks & Benefits
1. Work/Life Balance: flexible work schedule, flexible PTO
2. Family-Friendly Benefits: extended parental leave, pregnancy support, 20k in adoption reimbursement, Snoo Smart Sleeper, back-up childcare credits, legal benefit, discounted pet insurance
3. Enrichment: ongoing learning culture with access to Linkedin Learning and professional development workshops, diversity charter groups, orientation program, career pathing opportunities, mentorship programs
4. Health & Wellness: company-paid medical/vision/dental/life insurance/disability, employer HSA contribution, free One Medical membership, care coordination support, 401(k) with company match, stipend for home office equipment/supplies, gym discounts, monthly cell phone stipend
Equal Opportunity Employer
ServiceTitan does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. At ServiceTitan, our mission is to help our Titans and customers achieve the extraordinary. We are an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate the diversity that each Titan brings to the table. We believe that the convergence of fresh, unique perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great - and there's always room for more.
CCPA Notice for CA Residents applying to Jobs at ServiceTitan
Please review the CCPA Notice here: ServiceTitan CCPA California Privacy Notice
Life at ServiceTitan
Based in Los Angeles, ServiceTitan is a mobile, cloud-based software platform that helps home service companies streamline operations, improve customer service, and grow their business. ServiceTitan’s end-to-end solution for the multi-billion dollar residential home service industry includes CRM, intelligent dispatch, comprehensive reporting, marketing management tools, mobile connectivity for field techs, and Quickbooks integration. ServiceTitan brings a fully operational modern SaaS infrastructure to an industry traditionally underserved by software. ServiceTitan is the preferred software for hundreds of the world’s most successful plumbing, HVAC, and electrical companies in the U.S. and Canada, including Mr. Rooter®, Mr. Electric®, and Aire Serv®, as well as best practice organizations NexStar Network™, QSC®, Service Nation Alliance® and Service Roundtable®. ServiceTitan is venture capital backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Mucker Capital, I2BF Digital, and AMENALAV Group. At ServiceTitan you will have the opportunity to work at one of LA’s most successful software start-ups - a highly successful, profitable, VC-backed company that solves “real problems” for “real customers”. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a start-up that is already proven, yet young enough to offer its employees significant growth and equity. We are looking for smart passionate people that are looking to make a difference every day and who want to have a real, immediate impact on our firm. Our workplace culture is driven by creativity, collaboration and questioning the status quo.
Want to learn more about ServiceTitan? Visit ServiceTitan's website.
The best bed for better sleep