You will be part of the Engineering team at ServiceTitan to help improve our products and build new ones. We provide exciting opportunities for engineers to come in and have a huge impact on a rapidly growing startup. We build for perfection, use the most modern tools on the Microsoft .NET platform, have an amazing culture, and love to solve complex problems.
At ServiceTitan, the SRE team engages the entire lifecycle of software development from ideation to operating predictably at scale. As a DBSRE at ServiceTitan, you will identify and build software, specializing in databases (MSSQL, PostgreSQL in particular) to improve uptime, improve performance, and improve the overall customer experience. You will collaborate with architects and software engineers to deliver a highly available and highly automated infrastructure.
As our Database Site Reliability Engineer you will:
- Design, develop, and deliver the necessary software engineering solutions to manage Azure cloud environments to minimize failed customer interactions.
- Own reliability, availability, and performance of ServiceTitan’s SaaS.
- Proactively monitor, measure, and improve all areas of infrastructure and operations.
- Increase efficiencies through automation, service delivery, and process improvements.
- Provide database expertise to engineering teams through reviews of database migrations, queries and performance optimizations
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- 4 years of experience in programming in Python, additional experience with PowerShell, Bash, and Golang a plus
- Direct experience implementing and managing MSSQL/Postgres databases and applying reliability/high-availability principles.
- Experience directly managing cloud infrastructure in AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Experience maintaining services in Kubernetes environments.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or in a related technical discipline or equivalent industry experience.
- Be able to craft beautiful infrastructure as code solutions.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to operational concerns.
- Demonstrated ability to debug code and troubleshoot outages.
- Full-stack troubleshooting skills across all software and hardware layers.
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Passion about solving complex infrastructure challenges.
- Excited about delivering a reliable high-quality product.
- Highly motivated, smart, independent person who thrives in a fast-paced innovative environment.
- Intensely eager to meet the needs of our customers and deliver best-of-breed SaaS solutions.
- Experience using telemetry to understand throughput, limitations, and constraints in a service.
- Understanding of architectural patterns to improve uptime.
- Able to Monitor and improve site stability.
- Passion for system, application and business metrics
ServiceTitan is the world’s leading and fastest-growing software technology platform for the trades, a trillion-dollar global industry. We help small business entrepreneurs run and grow their businesses. For more information about ServiceTitan, visit www.ServiceTitan.com.
Perks & Benefits
1. Work/Life Balance: flexible work schedule, flexible PTO
2. Family-Friendly Benefits: extended parental leave, pregnancy support, 20k in adoption reimbursement, Snoo Smart Sleeper, back-up childcare credits, legal benefit, discounted pet insurance
3. Enrichment: ongoing learning culture with access to Linkedin Learning and professional development workshops, diversity charter groups, orientation program, career pathing opportunities, mentorship programs
4. Health & Wellness: company-paid medical/vision/dental/life insurance/disability, employer HSA contribution, free One Medical membership, care coordination support, 401(k) with company match, stipend for home office equipment/supplies, gym discounts, monthly cell phone stipend
Equal Opportunity Employer
ServiceTitan does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. At ServiceTitan, our mission is to help our Titans and customers achieve the extraordinary. We are an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate the diversity that each Titan brings to the table. We believe that the convergence of fresh, unique perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great - and there's always room for more.
CCPA Notice for CA Residents applying to Jobs at ServiceTitan
Please review the CCPA Notice here: ServiceTitan CCPA California Privacy Notice
Life at ServiceTitan
Based in Los Angeles, ServiceTitan is a mobile, cloud-based software platform that helps home service companies streamline operations, improve customer service, and grow their business. ServiceTitan’s end-to-end solution for the multi-billion dollar residential home service industry includes CRM, intelligent dispatch, comprehensive reporting, marketing management tools, mobile connectivity for field techs, and Quickbooks integration. ServiceTitan brings a fully operational modern SaaS infrastructure to an industry traditionally underserved by software. ServiceTitan is the preferred software for hundreds of the world’s most successful plumbing, HVAC, and electrical companies in the U.S. and Canada, including Mr. Rooter®, Mr. Electric®, and Aire Serv®, as well as best practice organizations NexStar Network™, QSC®, Service Nation Alliance® and Service Roundtable®. ServiceTitan is venture capital backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Mucker Capital, I2BF Digital, and AMENALAV Group. At ServiceTitan you will have the opportunity to work at one of LA’s most successful software start-ups - a highly successful, profitable, VC-backed company that solves “real problems” for “real customers”. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a start-up that is already proven, yet young enough to offer its employees significant growth and equity. We are looking for smart passionate people that are looking to make a difference every day and who want to have a real, immediate impact on our firm. Our workplace culture is driven by creativity, collaboration and questioning the status quo.
Want to learn more about ServiceTitan? Visit ServiceTitan's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.