At ServiceTitan we are on the path to building the Operating System of the Trades. We are seeking a General Counsel who will be instrumental in enabling us to achieve this vision. This position will report to the CFO and will be responsible for building out our legal, compliance and regulatory investments as we approach our next phase of growth.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of building a legal function within a high growth organization, with a preference for having been in the GC role and either taken a company public, or helped scale a public company’s legal department.
You will be expected to foster strong relationships across the executive leadership team, with the goal to embed the legal department deeply into the business. In this highly-visible position, you will provide timely legal and regulatory advice in order to make the most informed operating and strategic decisions for our Company.
We are seeking a candidate with seasoned business judgment and ethics who enjoys leaning into risk, and a candidate that will take ownership in crafting the KPIs and measures of success for the role and the team.
As our General Counsel, you will:
- Prepare the organization to be able to operate as a public company from a legal, compliance and regulatory perspective
- Provide practical, actionable insight on legal and compliance issues, both from a strategic and tactical perspective with an ability to balance legal and business requirements
- Build a legal team and function around evolving business requirements and corporate development
- Develop and manage scaleable internal and external facing processes for managing legal obligations and risk
- Manage large corporate initiatives around fundraising, compliance and corporate-level transactions as well as company disputes
- Promote thought leadership in matters relating to data security and privacy, intellectual property, risk management, business development and partnerships, licensing, compliance and other functional areas
- Play a key role in the creation of board materials
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- A JD and an active California Bar License
- At least 15 years in a law firm or combined law firm and in-house experience, with significant experience in corporate and transactional matters
- Public company experience a must; IPO experience preferred
- Must display initiative in anticipating and exceeding the business demands. They must thrive in a fast-paced environment and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
- Exceptional business partner with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong understanding of B2B SaaS business processes and applicable law and regulation preferred
- Experience in building and scaling a legal function
ServiceTitan is the world’s leading and fastest-growing software technology platform for the trades, a trillion-dollar global industry. We help small business entrepreneurs run and grow their businesses. For more information about ServiceTitan, visit www.ServiceTitan.com.
Perks & Benefits
1. Work/Life Balance: flexible work schedule, flexible PTO
2. Family-Friendly Benefits: extended parental leave, pregnancy support, 20k in adoption reimbursement, Snoo Smart Sleeper, back-up childcare credits, legal benefit, discounted pet insurance
3. Enrichment: ongoing learning culture with access to Linkedin Learning and professional development workshops, diversity charter groups, orientation program, career pathing opportunities, mentorship programs
4. Health & Wellness: company-paid medical/vision/dental/life insurance/disability, employer HSA contribution, free One Medical membership, care coordination support, 401(k) with company match, stipend for home office equipment/supplies, gym discounts, monthly cell phone stipend
Equal Opportunity Employer
ServiceTitan does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. At ServiceTitan, our mission is to help our Titans and customers achieve the extraordinary. We are an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate the diversity that each Titan brings to the table. We believe that the convergence of fresh, unique perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great - and there's always room for more.
CCPA Notice for CA Residents applying to Jobs at ServiceTitan
Please review the CCPA Notice here: ServiceTitan CCPA California Privacy Notice
Life at ServiceTitan
Based in Los Angeles, ServiceTitan is a mobile, cloud-based software platform that helps home service companies streamline operations, improve customer service, and grow their business. ServiceTitan’s end-to-end solution for the multi-billion dollar residential home service industry includes CRM, intelligent dispatch, comprehensive reporting, marketing management tools, mobile connectivity for field techs, and Quickbooks integration. ServiceTitan brings a fully operational modern SaaS infrastructure to an industry traditionally underserved by software. ServiceTitan is the preferred software for hundreds of the world’s most successful plumbing, HVAC, and electrical companies in the U.S. and Canada, including Mr. Rooter®, Mr. Electric®, and Aire Serv®, as well as best practice organizations NexStar Network™, QSC®, Service Nation Alliance® and Service Roundtable®. ServiceTitan is venture capital backed by Bessemer Venture Partners, Mucker Capital, I2BF Digital, and AMENALAV Group. At ServiceTitan you will have the opportunity to work at one of LA’s most successful software start-ups - a highly successful, profitable, VC-backed company that solves “real problems” for “real customers”. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a start-up that is already proven, yet young enough to offer its employees significant growth and equity. We are looking for smart passionate people that are looking to make a difference every day and who want to have a real, immediate impact on our firm. Our workplace culture is driven by creativity, collaboration and questioning the status quo.
Want to learn more about ServiceTitan? Visit ServiceTitan's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.