Sr. Manager, Thermal Management & TM Architecture
SF Motors, Santa Clara
A NEW GENERATION OF SMART, CLEAN, CONNECTED ELECTRIC VEHICLES
SF Motors is a Santa Clara based Electric Vehicle Company focusing on R&D, manufacturing and sales of world class EVs. Headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley with an office in Ann Arbor, MI, we are committed to providing our customers with great products, exhilarating experiences and superior services. SF Motors is funded by automobile maker Chongqing Sokon Industry Group, which designs, manufactures and distributes more than 350,000 vehicles world-wide annually.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and lead the Thermal Management group within SFMotors
- Identify and work with key suppliers from concept to launch
- Set thermal management architecture and strategy with key stake holders within the development organization
- Extensive coordination with all stakeholders, especially at the total-vehicle package as well as system level
- Responsible for designing and developing the complete vehicle coolant system from concept, development and testing to launch
- Design and development of interfaces to/from and between all thermal users within the vehicle
- Act as liaison with suppliers and other SFMotors systems and subsystem leaders to fulfill project targets (functional, costing, timing)
- Lead technical design reviews within SFMotors and affiliated companies/partners
- Assist in preparation of 8Ds and other quality/reliability reports to ensure continuous improvement
- Lead design direction to execute development of thermal system, including incorporation of DFMEA, per requested requirements
- Assist in quality, reliability and failure reporting; drive closed-loop handling of all technical issues to ensure continuous improvement
- Up to 20% domestic and international travel may be expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- BS in engineering.
- 7+ years experience in vehicle thermal management
- Extensive knowledge in automotive industry
- Ability to perform effectively in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience in collaborating with internal engineering groups and external technology development partners and vendors.
- Motivated, self-starter with excellent time management skills and strong process oriented approach to areas of focus.
About SF Motors
About us At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you. Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
Want to learn more about SF Motors? Visit SF Motors's website.
Jobs You May Like
Associate Implementation Manager
Revinate, San Francisco
Senior Front End Developer
Senior Consultant, West Region
MuleSoft, Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, Denver, Portland, Remote
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
Conductor, New York, New York
Senior Software Engineer, Front End
Narvar, San Francisco, CA
Software Development Engineer in Test
Qualtrics , Krakow