Lead Functional Safety Engineer, Autonomous Driving
SF Motors, Santa Clara
A NEW GENERATION OF SMART, CLEAN, CONNECTED ELECTRIC VEHICLES
SF Motors is a Santa Clara based Electric Vehicle Company focusing on R&D, manufacturing and sales of world class EVs. Headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley with an office in Ann Arbor, MI, we are committed to providing our customers with great products, exhilarating experiences and superior services. SF Motors is funded by automobile maker Chongqing Sokon Industry Group, which designs, manufactures and distributes more than 350,000 vehicles world-wide annually.
SF Motors has three R&D centers:
- Electric Powertrain & Intelligent Driving R&D Center based in Santa Clara, CA with a R&D office in Beijing, China
- Product Development R&D Center - North America based in Ann Arbor, MI
- Product Development R&D Center - Asia-Pacific based in Chongqing, China
Duties and responsibilities
• Deep understanding with functional safety standard ISO 26262.
• Work cross-functionally with software, hardware and system engineers.
• Define functional safety and technical safety requirements.
• Develop safety plan including safety related processes and workflow.
• Support system architectures and interfaces definition.
• Direct the intelligent driving team to conduct Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment and
• Conduct ASIL determination of safety goals and decomposition strategy.
• Lead functional safety process review.
• Familiarity with AD/ADAS functions at different levels.
• Experiences with embedded system.
• Experiences with requirement management tools. (JAMA or DOORS or Polarion)
• Knowledge of C/C++ programming.
• Knowledge in automotive communication protocols such as CAN, Ethernet.
• Strong communication skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Systems, Computer, or Software Engineering required.
Master’s degree preferred.
• 2 + years of working at Tier 1 or 2 supplier or OEM applying ISO 26262 and experience in its
practical application in product development.
About SF Motors
About us At SF Motors, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you. Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features, when they want it.
Want to learn more about SF Motors? Visit SF Motors's website.
Jobs You May Like
Information Security Specialist
Lightspeed, Montreal, QC
Senior Software Engineer, Android
Electrical Circuit Design Engineer
SF Motors, Santa Clara
Honest Buildings, New York
Technical Operations Engineer
NS1, New York
Software Engineering Intern - Summer 2018 - Krakow
Qualtrics , Krakow