Senior Software Engineer L4
SG Digital, Las Vegas NV, US
It's a new era in Online Gaming & Sports, Level Up with SG Digital
SG Digital are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our team of skilled engineers working with our sports information and trading group in Las Vegas. In this role you will be given responsibilities on a team working both with our internal sports trading department as well as external operators / customers in the exciting sports betting industry.
The Senior Software Engineer position at SG Digital consists of a balance of four main areas of responsibility:
- Technical leadership: Understand the platform and technologies used and guide future direction
- Team leadership: Coaching, support and development of the team
- Customer liaison: A trusted point of contact between SG Digital technical teams, our customers, and partners.
- Incidents: Management of, and escalation path for live production incidents.
- Build and maintain functionality for our next generation sports trading platform;
- Work alongside a mixed team of approximately 4-6 developers and QA engineers;
- Plan and contribute to technical end-to-end delivery of projects;
- Assisting as a contact point for and maintaining strong relationships with both external and internal customers;
- Lead design and code reviews, set coding standards and ensure they are met by deliverables;
- Ensure engineering best practice principles are applied at all times;
- Design solutions that are compatible with the strategic direction of the company;
- Support the recruitment process of technical resources
- Accountable for designing, delivering, and running the services under the team’s responsibilities and within the desired levels of service.
Reports to: Development Manager.
Responsible for: Contributing to and helping mentor a team of developers, ensuring the software quality and delivery commitments assigned to it.
Liaison with: The role will interact directly with the Development managers, QA Lead, project managers, product managers, architecture and other team members.
If you are the right Senior Software Engineer for us you will be able to demonstrate:.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Experience interacting with customers, external partners and business stakeholders.
- Demonstrable talent coding in Java, JEE and/or C# and/or Python and their application with design patterns.
- Experience with Java Spring and Spring Boot Frameworks, and/or C#/.NET
- Experience working with loosely coupled microservice architectures
- Experience with messaging-based systems such as Kafka or ActiveMQ
- A disciplined approach to testing
- Good knowledge of large-scale website or application architectures and technology stacks.
- Knowledge of enterprise integration patterns.
- Experience with various development methodologies; Agile, TDD or Kanban
- Database design skills (any vendor).
- Experience reviewing others work for performance, security, efficiency and portability.
- Ability to multi-task and rapidly switch contexts.
- Ideally 5+ years of experience building low-latency, high-transaction applications.
It would also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
- Experience working with any AI/Machine Learning framework such as TensorFlow, SciPy, etc.
- Performance tuning skills, including refactoring, code profiling and monitoring.
- Automated testing and CI.
- Release management and configuration management experience.
- Web technologies and internet protocols (XML, JSON, HTTP, TCP/IP)
- Interest and experience with North American sports or the sports betting industry is a huge plus
Why would you enjoy working with us at SG Digital?
- Competitive benefits, an open and supportive environment as well as a modern and exciting workplace
- The opportunity to interact with global teams on a regular basis and the possibility to switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
- Tangible and genuine development - at SG Digital, you can take your career where you want it to go!
- Exposure to real work, business-critical projects and the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-commerce sportsbooks whilst working on exciting client projects and interact with lots of code!
And if that’s not enough; you will get to enjoy a stunning work location and flexible working whilst we provide you with the guidance and development skills you need to progress quickly and enhance your career.
About SG Digital
SG Interactive and NYX Gaming Group have combined to form a new leader in online gaming, sports and iLottery: SG Digital The new digital division of Scientific Games, powered by the integrated content and technology of two top-tier companies, offers an unparalleled suite of engaging game content and product solutions. SG Digital employs more than 1,500 individuals across the globe ensuring 24-hour customer service. Driven by the creative talent of nine game studios, highly skilled development centers across the globe, expanding product technology and our proven robust sportsbook platform; SG Digital offers customers market leading products and services tailored for their players. Focused on speed to market execution combined with our technical expertise, SG Digital ensures our customers capitalize on all regulated market opportunities.
Want to learn more about SG Digital? Visit SG Digital's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos