Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and support new features in Shape’s Android SDK so to reliably establish the security posture of millions of mobile devices in real time
- Research new innovations in security as the mobile landscape shifts with new devices and APIs.
- Work with Shape’s service and support teams to deliver the service to fortune 500 customers.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficiency in Java on Android.
- Deployed an SDK at scale or complex apps to the Google App Store
- Experience with developing automated mobile app tests.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Deep knowledge of HTTP/HTTPS in practice.
Bonus Knowledge and Skills
- Basic knowledge of Kotlin/NDK for Android applications.
- Skilled in a scripting language such as Python.
- Solid understanding of secure coding practices.
- Fundamentals of root detection, debugging hooks etc
- Familiarity with certificate pinning, Android keystore, secure boot, safety net etc
- Awareness of Game Theory and its application in security.
- Experience in data encryption and secure communication.
- Experience analyzing network traffic for attacks.
- Experience with hybrid web/mobile frameworks such as PhoneGap.
- Automation experience with frameworks such as Appium/Selenium.
Shape Facts Sheet
- 1.6 billion user accounts protected from account takeover
- Shape’s SDK is installed on over 150 million mobile devices
- Shape processes 100 million real human logins per day
- Shape prevents 42 million attacks per day
- Shape processes 4B transactions per week
- Shape processes 300 million transactions per day for a single customer
- 60% of the Airline Industry
- 40% of the Consumer Banking Industry
- 33% of the Auto Insurance Industry
- 30% of the Hotel Industry
- 20% of the Telecommunications Industry
- 2 of the Top 10 QSRs (quick service restaurants)
- 5 of the Top 10 Global Airlines
- 2 of the Top 5 Global Hotel Chains
- 1 of the Top 3 Global eCommerce Companies
- 2 of the Top 4 Mobile Social Networks
About Shape Security
The world’s leading financial, retail and travel companies and government agencies rely on Shape Security as their primary line of defense against fraud and attacks on their web and mobile applications. The Shape platform, covered by 45 patents, was designed to stop the most dangerous application attacks enabled by cybercriminal fraud tools, including credential stuffing (account takeover), product scraping, unauthorized aggregation, and other threats. Shape has prevented over $1 billion in fraud losses for its customers and protects more than 1.3 billion user accounts. Shape is headed by industry leaders from Google, Cisco, IBM, Raytheon, Palo Alto Networks, and the Pentagon.
Want to learn more about Shape Security? Visit Shape Security's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer, Platform
Brightwheel, San Francisco, California
Software Engineer, Security Infrastructure
The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Redwood City
Zoox, Foster City, CA
TCGplayer, Atlanta, GA
Systems Engineer, Sensor Fusion Algorithms
Magic Leap, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA
Senior Software Developer - Lead - Traveler Experience
TripAdvisor, Ottawa, ON