Performance Test Engineer - Senior/Staff/Principal
Shape Security, Santa Clara
See jobs at Shape Security
- Take ownership for developing performance and scalability test plans and cases, execute tests, conduct analysis and measurement of system performance collaborating with development engineering, product management and other test engineers.
- Drive performance analysis at feature and component level to identify performance bottlenecks and regression.
- Own performance testing across multiple platforms including maintaining testbeds for accurate measurements.
- Identify, reproduce and isolate product issues by thorough debugging and performance analysis.
- Identify automation opportunities and implement automated testing utilizing currently deployed frameworks.
- Identify gaps in existing performance test coverage in pursuit of 100% automated testing goal.
- Work on complex performance issues in the customer environment, as and when escalated from the customer success team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to clearly communicate status, determine acceptable performance parameters and publish those numbers on an ongoing basis.
- Significant experience using Python, Pypi and Python based frameworks for performance test automation (pytest, etc.).
- Familiarity with performance issues (e.g., memory leaks), debugging tools both front-end and backend.
- Strong knowledge of network performance, Unix/Linux environments, web protocols, web applications, mobile and cloud performance benchmarking.
- Knowledge of infrastructure setup/maintenance of apache web server, docker
- Familiarity with test case and issue tracking systems (TestRail, Jira) and source control systems (Git).
- Effective collaborator - demonstrated history of engaging effectively with others inside and outside immediate group to drive results
- Adaptable - able to ‘get the job done’ in the face of ambiguity
- Knowledge of performance tools like flame graph, jstack, jvmtop, wrk4, prometheus/grafana etc is a plus
- Traffic clients, prometheus/grafana data collection, dashboards is a plus
- Docker knowledge/experience is a plus
- Cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP) knowledge/experience is a plus
Shape in the news
- Shape Security eyes IPO after raising $51 million at $1 billion valuation:
- Shape recognized as the fastest-growing company in Silicon Valley:
- Shape made the list for top AI 100
About Shape Security
The world’s leading financial, retail and travel companies and government agencies rely on Shape Security as their primary line of defense against fraud and attacks on their web and mobile applications. The Shape platform, covered by 45 patents, was designed to stop the most dangerous application attacks enabled by cybercriminal fraud tools, including credential stuffing (account takeover), product scraping, unauthorized aggregation, and other threats. Shape has prevented over $1 billion in fraud losses for its customers and protects more than 1.3 billion user accounts. Shape is headed by industry leaders from Google, Cisco, IBM, Raytheon, Palo Alto Networks, and the Pentagon.
Want to learn more about Shape Security? Visit Shape Security's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Software Engineer
Bright Health, Austin, TX