Data Systems Engineer (Principal/Staff/Senior Level)
Shape Security, Santa Clara
See jobs at Shape Security
- Design and develop cloud-based data system to handle large-scale (Petabyte) dataset
- Collaborate with product team, engineering team, and operations team to devise data strategy that addresses large-scale data management requirements
- Research on new opportunities for data acquisition, storage, processing, and query
- Design and implement measures to ensure data accuracy and accessibility
- Create and enforce database development standards around data governance and privacy
- Bachelor's degree (or above) in Computer Science or related fields
- 5+ years of industrial experience in data processing
- Expert in online data analytical processing (OLAP) and commercial ETL (extraction, transformation, loading) platforms
- Proficient in a major object-oriented programming language (e.g. Java) or a scripting language (e.g. Python) related to data processing
- Experience with Cloud-based development environment, such as AWS or GCP
- Ability to communicate with clarity and conciseness both in written and verbal forms
About Shape Security
The world’s leading financial, retail and travel companies and government agencies rely on Shape Security as their primary line of defense against fraud and attacks on their web and mobile applications. The Shape platform, covered by 45 patents, was designed to stop the most dangerous application attacks enabled by cybercriminal fraud tools, including credential stuffing (account takeover), product scraping, unauthorized aggregation, and other threats. Shape has prevented over $1 billion in fraud losses for its customers and protects more than 1.3 billion user accounts. Shape is headed by industry leaders from Google, Cisco, IBM, Raytheon, Palo Alto Networks, and the Pentagon.
Want to learn more about Shape Security? Visit Shape Security's website.
The social news and entertainment company.