Hundreds of millions of users. Billions of Shazams. Countless moments of discovery. Shazam brings a unique brand of magic to millions every day. It’s our people – their imagination, skills and ideas – that shape our future, and help us make the impossible come to life. Bring us your vision, and it’ll be you creating the wow moments that excite people across the world!
At Shazam we are blessed with some of the most exciting data in the music world and beyond.
As a Data Engineer, you will help build Shazam's Data platform which encompasses batch and real-time stream processing of mobile app event data, machine learning modelling and ETL jobs.
Where does the role sit?
The role is based in our product/engineering team in London, but will involve close collaboration with engineers and product managers across our global organisation; particularly with our product/engineering teams in Redwood City, Turkey and San Diego.
What will you do?
- Lead and deliver feature projects that have significant product impact.
- Lead and deliver architectural improvement projects to advance our data infrastructure.
- Write elegant, concise and high-quality code that runs at scale.
- Introduce new skills, technologies and knowledge into the team, adding to the already dynamic environment that is Shazam Engineering.
- Collaborate with product managers and other engineers to bring innovative new data-driven features to market.
- Shape our software engineering and data engineering practices, to continually improve quality and development efficiency.
- Provide mentoring, development and technical leadership to more junior engineers
Who You Are:
- A proven technical expert in data engineering/architectures, with a track record of designing, delivering and managing large scale, high-volume data platforms
- An experienced software engineer that writes beautiful, concise, tested code than runs at scale
- An expert in, and ideally a contributor to, open-source technologies and frameworks for data engineering
- An excellent communicator who builds collaborative relationships with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- A technical leader who engineers are excited to work with and can learn from
- Significant experience in designing, delivering and managing data infrastructure at scale
- Significant software engineering and development experience in Java and Scala
- A deep technical understanding of modern batch and realtime data technologies (e.g. Kinesis, Spark, EMR, Redshift, Airflow etc.)
- A proven track record of managing large volumes of data in cloud services while controlling costs
Shazam is one of the most popular apps of all time, downloaded over a billion times and used by hundreds of millions of people each month to connect to the world around them.
We pioneered music-recognition technology, but Shazam has become the destination for discovering all types of content–all with one tap: audio, video, print, augmented reality and more.
Want to learn more about Shazam? Visit http://www.shazam.com
Jobs You May Like
Lead Data Engineer
Slack, San Francisco
Senior Software Engineer, Data Products
Evernote, Redwood City, CA
Vimeo, New York, NY
Machine Learning Engineer- Ops Platform
thredUP, San Francisco, CA
Senior Mobile Software Engineer - iOS
Eventbrite, San Francisco, California