Hundreds of millions of users. Billions of tags. Countless moments of discovery. Shazam brings a unique brand of magic to millions every day. It’s our people – their imagination, skills and ideas – that shape our future, and help us make the impossible come to life. Bring us your vision, and it’ll be you creating the wow moments that excite people across the world.
At Shazam we are blessed to have some of the most exciting data in the music world and beyond. This role will be pivotal in looking at our architecture and at how we use data as an organisation from a technical and platform perspective, and the ways in which we can evolve that.
Where does the role sit?
Joining our London based team and reporting in directly to our newly appointed CTO, this person will collaborate closely with engineers, product managers and the wider organisation.
What will you do?
- Own the end-to-end data pipeline architecture for Shazam and drive it forward, in collaboration with the multiple engineering teams that produce, process and consume data
- Write and review code! (This is both a hands-on engineering role and a technical leadership role.)
- Define, implement and ship data platforms that feature teams build on to create innovative, data-based products and new user experiences
- Introduce new data-engineering skills and technologies to the team, adding to the already dynamic environment within Shazam Engineering
- Lead and work within cross-functional feature teams, from a data-engineering perspective
- Become subject matter expert for data across Shazam, bringing detailed data-related domain knowledge to bear on company-wide policies and decisions
- Work closely with our product, analytics, reporting and commercial teams
- Be perceived as a thought-leader for data engineering both internally and externally
Who You Are:
- A proven technical expert in data engineering/architectures, with a track record of designing, delivering and managing large scale, high-volume data platforms
- An experienced software engineer that writes beautiful, concise, tested code than runs at scale
- An expert in, and ideally a contributor to, open-source technologies and frameworks for data engineering
- An excellent communicator who builds collaborative relationships with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- A technical leader who engineers are excited to work with and can learn from
- Significant experience in designing, delivering and managing data infrastructure at scale
- Significant software engineering and development experience in Java and Scala
- A deep technical understanding of modern batch and realtime data technologies (e.g. Kinesis, Spark, EMR, Redshift, Airflow etc.)
- A proven track record of managing large volumes of data in cloud services while controlling costs
Shazam is one of the most popular apps of all time, downloaded over a billion times and used by hundreds of millions of people each month to connect to the world around them.
We pioneered music-recognition technology, but Shazam has become the destination for discovering all types of content–all with one tap: audio, video, print, augmented reality and more.
Want to learn more about Shazam? Visit http://www.shazam.com
Jobs You May Like
Product Development Production Intern
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
Software Engineer, Intern 2018 (San Francisco)
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Sr. Software Engineer (Network Storage)
PlayStation, Aliso Viejo, CA
Manager, Software Engineering, Breakfix
Hortonworks, Bangalore, India
Software Engineer, Passenger Experience
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Manager of Information Security and Compliance
Venmo, New York