Head of Data Engineering
Identify the media playing around you, explore the music you love
Millions of users. Billions of tags. Countless moments of musical discovery. Shazam brings a unique brand of magic to millions every day. It’s our people – their imagination, skills and ideas – that shape our future, and help us make the impossible come to life. Bring us your vision, and it’ll be you creating the wow moments that excite people across the world.
At Shazam we are blessed to have some of the most exciting data in the world and beyond, although we know we can harness it further. This role will be pivotal in assessing our architecture and how we use data as an organisation from a technical and platform perspective, you will be pivotal in assessing the ways in which we can evolve that.
Where does the role sit?
Joining our London team and reporting directly to our London based CTO, this person will collaborate and lead our exceptionally talented data engineering team and work in hand with the wider Shazam organisation.
What will you do?
- Own the end-to-end data pipeline architecture for Shazam and drive it forward, in collaboration with our engineering, data science and wider product teams.
- Be constantly looking at how we evolve our practices and processes to utilise data in the right way. Have the ability to introduce new data-engineering skills and technologies to the company.
- Build strong relationships globally and create a collaborative vision for the evolution of data within the business.
- Understand and create complex algorithms, write beautiful and concise code that can run at scale to build data driven features used within the app.
- Be exemplary in promoting data engineering best practices within the team. This will also include highlighting and implementing and process improvement to keep the team up to date, efficient and effective.
- Share knowledge to compliment team-wide expertise. Also be perceived as a thought-leader for data engineering both internally and externally.
Who You Are:
- A proven technical expert in data engineering or architecture who has transitioned to a position in the industry of seniority and has great influence.
- You will have a track record of designing, delivering and managing large scale, high volume data platforms.
- Constantly learning about advancements in the data world; including a strong knowledge of recent and new platforms.
- Superb relationship builder who effortlessly builds relationships we technical and non technical stakeholders.
- A significant amount of experience in designing, delivering and managing data infrastructure at scale. Your understanding to name a few will include: computer science, data mining, machine learning, statistics, math, engineering, operations research, or other quantitative discipline.
- Fluent in Scala and Java.
- Deeply technical with knowledge of how larger data pipelines are managed at scale.
Shazam is one of the most popular apps of all time, downloaded over a billion times and used by hundreds of millions of people each month to connect to the world around them.
We pioneered music-recognition technology, but Shazam has become the destination for discovering all types of content–all with one tap: audio, video, print, augmented reality and more.
Want to learn more about Shazam? Visit Shazam's website.
Jobs You May Like
ThoughtWorks, New York
Application Operations Engineer
Cloudflare, London, United Kingdom
Software Engineer, Android
Reddit, San Francisco
Principal UI Software Engineer
RetailMeNot, Austin, Texas
Front-End Product Engineer
Cloudflare, London, United Kingdom
2nd level Technical Support Engineer
Taboola, Tel Aviv