Site Reliability Engineer
Identify the media playing around you, explore the music you love
Hundreds of millions of users. Billions of tags. Countless moments of discovery. Shazam brings a unique brand of magic to millions every day. It’s our people – their imagination, skills and ideas – that shape our future, and help us make the impossible come to life. Bring us your vision, and it’ll be you creating the wow moments that excite people across the world.
Shazam powers thousands of requests per second for music recognitions all across the globe. This role will be responsible for all of the infrastructure needed to power these recognitions; from deployment of new resources to scaling existing ones to meet demand.
Where does the role sit?
Joining our London based team and reporting in directly to our Head of Site Reliability Engineering, this person will collaborate closely with other SREs, developers, and product teams. This role participates in a follow-the-sun on-call rotation.
What will you do?
- Be a key member of the SRE team that owns all of the client-facing APIs and recognition infrastructure
- Participate in the development lifecycle at a very deep level, from the early stages of feature design all the way to seeing it released into production for our users to enjoy.
- Write and review code. This is not a traditional operations role. We expect you to deeply understand how our applications work, and that means knowing how the code works!
- Help us continue to define and implement good Site Reliability Engineering practices within our SRE teams as well as the broader Engineering organisation
- Identify and implement new technologies that can help us do our jobs better or identify new and better uses for existing technologies that we already use
- Be perceived as a thought-leader for SRE both internally and externally
Who You Are:
- A proven technical expert in Site Reliability Engineering, with a track record of designing, delivering and managing large scale, high-volume end-user-facing platforms
- An excellent communicator who builds collaborative relationships with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- A technical leader who engineers are excited to work with and can learn from
- A person who likes to move fast, pragmatically tackling problems with a can-do attitude
- A passionate individual who loves getting their hands dirty in designing, analysing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- A meticulous automator who actively looks to eliminate routine tasks by writing software
- A dedicated lifelong learner who is always looking for new things to learn and try
- Significant experience in designing and operating large-scale platforms that can easily service thousands of requests per second
- Software engineering and development experience in at least one of the following: C++, Go, Java, Python, or Ruby
- A proven track record of operating systems in a cloud environment, preferably Google Cloud Platform
- Experience operating Kubernetes in production
Shazam is one of the most popular apps of all time, downloaded over a billion times and used by hundreds of millions of people each month to connect to the world around them.
We pioneered music-recognition technology, but Shazam has become the destination for discovering all types of content–all with one tap: audio, video, print, augmented reality and more.
Want to learn more about Shazam? Visit http://www.shazam.com
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer - Mobile Android
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Software Systems Engineering Intern
PlayStation, San Diego, CA
Software Engineer - Full Stack - (Senior and Principal Levels)
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Software Engineer 2, Vacation Rentals Boston
TripAdvisor, Boston, MA
Software Engineer, Test Platform
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Site Reliability Engineer - Data Center
GitHub, Remote - US, Remote - Canada, Remote - Europe, Remote - Australia