Engineering Manager - MetaData
Identify the media playing around you, explore the music you love
Hundreds of millions of users. Billions of Shazams. Countless moments of discovery. Shazam brings a unique brand of magic to millions every day. It’s our people – their imagination, skills and ideas – that shape our future, and help us make the impossible come to life. Bring us your vision, and it’ll be you creating the wow moments that excite people across the world!
At Shazam we are expected to know every song ever recorded, what it is called, who it is by and how you can listen to it. This role is to build and lead the team that continues to evolve the unique platform we have for processing the world’s music metadata that is seen by every Shazam user.
Where does the role sit?
Joining our London based team and reporting into the Infrastructure Engineering team, this person will collaborate closely with engineers, product managers and the wider organisation.
What will you do?
- Own the end-to-end metadata processing architecture for Shazam and drive it forward, in collaboration with the multiple engineering teams that produce, process and consume data
- Write and review code! (This is both a hands-on engineering role and a technical leadership role.)
- Define, implement and ship features that enable feature teams to build on and create innovative new user experiences
- Introduce new engineering skills and technologies to the team, adding to the already dynamic environment within Shazam Engineering
- Lead and work within cross-functional feature teams, from a metadata perspective
- Become subject matter expert for metadata across Shazam, bringing detailed metadata related domain knowledge to bear on company-wide policies and decisions
- Work closely with our product, analytics, reporting and commercial teams
- Be perceived as a thought-leader for software engineering both internally and externally
Who You Are:
- A proven technical expert in software engineering and system architectures, with a track record of designing, delivering and managing large scale, high-volume services
- An experienced software engineer that writes beautiful, concise, tested code than runs at scale
- An expert in, and ideally a contributor to, open-source technologies and frameworks for data engineering
- An excellent communicator who builds collaborative relationships with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- A technical leader who engineers are excited to work with and can learn from
- A passionate music lover who has gained an understanding of the music industry
- Significant experience in designing, delivering and managing data infrastructure at scale
- Significant software engineering and development experience in Java and Scala
- A proven track record of managing large volumes of data in cloud services while controlling costs
Shazam is one of the most popular apps of all time, downloaded over a billion times and used by hundreds of millions of people each month to connect to the world around them.
We pioneered music-recognition technology, but Shazam has become the destination for discovering all types of content–all with one tap: audio, video, print, augmented reality and more.
Want to learn more about Shazam? Visit Shazam's website.
If you're passionate about trading & technology, you'll find success.
Tech Jobs For You
Senior Engineering Manager - (Tasker, Supply & Demand)
TaskRabbit, Seattle, Washington, United States