Duties may include:
- Check rooms and furniture to identify needs for repairs or renovations
- Restock office and kitchen supplies
- Monitor activities that happen outside the building, such as proper waste disposal and recycling
- Fix minor malfunctions in office equipment
- Keep track of regular and ad-hoc facility expenses
- Maintain an updated record of invoices from external partners (e.g. suppliers, insurance agents, security guards)
- Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations
- Collects and updates departmental spreadsheets regarding all space usage data
- Coordinates work order requests from all departments as needed for furniture moving, hanging items and removing debris
- Performs daily walkthroughs with focus on janitorial conditions, workspace conditions, ensuring all areas are clean and safe
- Assist the Facilities Manager in all aspects of project implementation as needed
- Support the Facilities Manager with external contacts
Required skills and competencies:
- Competencies To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service - Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity. Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- High school diploma required; Minimum of 2-4 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- IFMA, BOMA or related credential helpful
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is regularly required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
About Shield AI
Our mission is to protect service members and innocent civilians with artificially intelligent systems. Shield AI is the home of Hivemind, an artificial intelligence which enables robots to see, reason about, and search the world. Shield AI’s first product, Nova, is a Hivemind-powered robot that searches buildings while simultaneously streaming video and building maps. We tackle the world’s most daunting challenges with world-changing ideas, creating resilient artificially intelligent systems for a safer and more secure world. Breaking technological ground in service to human life. Our incredible team is built of scientists, engineers and business leaders driven to make a difference. We come to work each day ready to push technology’s boundaries, to serve the Shield mission and to support one another as together we create a company built to lead -- and to last.
Want to learn more about Shield AI? Visit Shield AI's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos