Senior Front End Developer - Financial Services
Commerce platform for small and medium-sized businesses
In this position, you'll focus on;
- Building Shopify:
- Work on planning, resourcing, and executing projects
- Help your team define their roadmap and how you’ll get there
- Help your team make decisions
- Be a source of knowledge in your product domain
- Give feedback on and help build the product
- Grow your team’s expertise in their craft and in their communication (and your own!)
- Help your team obsess with the problem—are they engaged, resourceful, thinking about impact?
- Supporting and building the front end and UX disciplines:
- Seek opportunities to build Shopify's presence in the UX community
Here are projects this team has been championing lately:
- Risk: How do we evaluate and minimise financial risk for our merchants? What can we do to ensure that orders they receive are genuine and avoid chargebacks from fraudulent transactions?
- Payments: All the payment processing stuff.
- Billings and Balances: Invoicing, transactions, money coming out of merchant accounts and money going into merchant accounts.
- Capital: Shopify Capital helps entrepreneurs get the funds they need to grow their businesses.
Some people you might work with here:
- Kyle Peatt, Director of UX
- Matt Griffin, UX Lead, Financial Services
- Cassie Slack, Designer
- Kathleen Robertson, Designer
- Dominic McPhee, Front End Developer Lead
- Lynsey Thornton, VP of UX
Tools and nitty gritty of the team 🛠 : (Is this stuff new to you? That’s OK! Not everybody is familiar with this stack, and we provide support to learn on the job.)
- We are modernizing our front end stack to use a component system built with React, TypeScript, SASS, and CSS modules
- Shopify is the world’s largest Ruby on Rails application. Our front end developers work closely with back end engineers to build our products
- We build Shopify with a collaborative code review process using Github Flow
Shopify is a leading cloud-based, multichannel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants can use the software to design, set up and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media such as Pinterest and Facebook, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides a merchant with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business.
Want to learn more about Shopify? Visit https://www.shopify.com/
Jobs You May Like
IT Network Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA
Squarespace, New York, NY
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Casper, San Francisco
Senior Engineering Manager, Front End
BuzzFeed, New York
Engineering Manager - Notifications
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Senior Application Engineer, Payments
GitHub, Remote - US