Senior API Patterns Developer
Commerce platform for small and medium-sized businesses
If you join our API Patterns Team, you’ll be doing things like:
- Working with GraphQL and other cutting-edge technologies.
- Developing new tools and techniques for solving problems like throttling, monitoring, and authorization.
- Collaborating with development teams across the entire company to solve practical API design and implementation problems.
- Helping to shape Shopify’s fundamental approach to APIs for years to come.
- Giving back to the community by open-sourcing some key components.
You’ll need to have:
- Passion for building APIs that don’t just get the job done, but are also beautiful.
- Experience building and scaling web application platforms.
- The ability to listen, understand, and communicate clearly and effectively with other developers, both inside and outside of Shopify.
- A strong commitment to quality.
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience with Ruby, and Ruby on Rails
- Experience with GraphQL, or the desire to learn it quickly
Shopify is a leading cloud-based, multichannel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants can use the software to design, set up and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media such as Pinterest and Facebook, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides a merchant with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business.