Things you’ll need to succeed in this role:
- Analytics expertise -- You’ll need to be amazing at coming up with new, meaningful metrics to measure success of Shopify products, and equally strong at making sure the data needed to support those metrics is instrumented, processed, and presented back to the team efficiently, accurately, rapidly, and beautifully
- Well-balanced skills -- People have trouble pinning you down. Both business and technical teams claim you as their own. You are equal parts technical and functional (and both are exceptionally strong), and you are equally comfortable and effective at presenting to technical or business leaders.
- Passionate about business strategy -- You’ve experienced and thrived in similar channel-related environments and have a knack for working with business users that are responsible for top-line growth.
- Team Development – You’ll need a demonstrated track record of attracting top data/analytics talent, developing those people to make them even better, and managing the growth of teams.
It'd be great if you have:
- Large-scale data-platform tools
- Data Storage and Access: HDFS, Presto
- Data processing/integration: SQL, Python, Kafka, Spark
- Analytics Datastores: AWS Redshift, GCP BigQuery
- Visualization: Matplotlib, Mode Analytics, Tableau
- Analytical techniques: Regression: linear, multivariate
- Chi Square tests
- A/B test design and analysis
Shopify is a leading cloud-based, multichannel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants can use the software to design, set up and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media such as Pinterest and Facebook, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides a merchant with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business.