Product Designer - Shipping Services
Shopify, Ottawa, Canada
Commerce platform for small and medium-sized businesses
For this role, you'll need:
- An understanding of the end to end iterative UX product design process, including how to how to research user needs, job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wireframing and prototyping, user testing, and high fidelity visuals.
- Passion for solving core product problems while owning all facets of a user experience (strategy, IA, interaction design and research).
- Experience collaborating with multiple disciplines including product, engineering, content, research, and more.
- A deep empathy for the user.
- UI abilities shown in a portfolio of projects.
- Experience working in a fast-paced experimental or start-up environment.
- Some industry experience in shipping and fulfillment is a strong asset.
You'll be working on:
- Quickly prototyping solutions to visual and interaction problems.
- Shipping high-fidelity designs and collaborating closely with developers.
- Representing our merchants in product strategy and roadmap discussions.
- Advocating for good user experience across our teams and our platform.
- Contributing to our growing design system in an effort to cultivate a coherent look and feel across the entire Shopify platform.
- Sharing and revising your designs based on UX research, merchant interviews and peer feedback.
- Validating product ideas through experimental design and research approaches.
Tools of our trade:
- We work with industry-standard tools and software like Sketch, Invision, and good ol’ pen and paper to define work at low and high fidelity
Shopify is a leading cloud-based, multichannel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants can use the software to design, set up and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media such as Pinterest and Facebook, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides a merchant with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business.
Want to learn more about Shopify? Visit Shopify's website.
Jobs You May Like
User Experience Designer
Accenture, IA - Des Moines, USA
Internship Interaction Design
Dept, Amsterdam / Rotterdam
Endurance International Group, Waltham, MA
Senior User Researcher
User Experience Researcher - UX
Scopely, Culver City, CA