As a product designer at Shopify you’ll:
- Improve the merchant experience. This includes participating in and running design sprints to define and explore merchant problems. You’ll help your team develop empathy for our merchants and advocate for our merchants’ needs. Data will be just one of the many tools you will use to help inform your work.
- Collaborate with different disciplines. You’ll work closely with engineers, product managers, and front-end developers to explore, build, and ship your designs. You’ll help other disciplines understand the value design can bring to a project and ultimately build and ship the best products.
- Make your team stronger. You’ll provide feedback to your peers to help strengthen your team and Shopify as a whole. You’ll help your teammates build context, strong decision making skills, and empathy for our merchants.
- Ship valuable and high-quality work without sacrificing speed.
Skills and experience:
- Passion for solving product problems while balancing all facets of a user experience (strategy and research, information architecture, interaction design) and collaborating closely with multiple disciplines including product, engineering, content, and research.
- A passion for problem solving
- A deep understanding of the end-to-end iterative design process including how to develop and use design research, job stories, journey mapping, content modelling, wire-framing, prototyping, user testing, and high-fidelity visuals to achieve human-centred design solutions
- A deep empathy for the user, and tools to help others develop this empathy as well
- Proficiency with current industry design and collaboration tools such as Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Github, etc.
Teams we’re hiring for:
- Shipping: What is the future of logistics? How can Shopify deliver the best merchant and consumer post point of sale experience on the planet? It’s a critical, but often overlooked, part of the merchant and buyer experience and our dev teams are working hard to build out a best-in-class solution.
- Financial Solutions: Managing money can be one of the most stressful parts of running a business. Shopify creates simple financial solutions that help merchants accept payments and capital, avoid fraud, and pay their bills. We take the worry and confusion out of finances, so entrepreneurs around the world can focus on growing their business.
- International Growth: We have over 800,000 merchants on the Shopify platform at the moment, mostly in North America. This team is tackling the million challenges that come from creating localized versions of our platform, and that means a heck of a lot more than just translations.
- Core: Building the Foundations of everything Shopify does. These teams make both the platform, and our teams work better, faster, stronger.
- Channels: Shopify Channels was designed to give merchants one unified platform to do it all. The teams in this Product Line helps entrepreneurs grow their businesses by creating experiences that feel empowering and delightful across numerous online and offline channels.
Shopify is a leading cloud-based, multichannel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants can use the software to design, set up and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media such as Pinterest and Facebook, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides a merchant with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business.