Senior Product Content Strategist
Shopify, Ottawa, Canada
Commerce platform for small and medium-sized businesses
You'll be working on things like:
- Building the Shopify admin and tools alongside designers, researchers, and front end developers.
- Collaborating closely with other content strategists. Reviewing and critiquing your teammates’ content to help them grow.
- Actively contributing to developing new features, and continuously improving what we have today.
- Evolving editorial and voice and tone standards across our products.
- Using qualitative and quantitative research to inform your content decisions.
- Defining and implementing information architecture and navigation systems across complex products.
- Empowering everyone at Shopify to write their own great content by contributing to training, learning resources, and other support opportunities.
You should have:
- Content strategy experience, preferably in a product-focused environment.
- Background working with cross-functional teams including UX designers, researchers, and engineers.
- Experience writing and structuring language to respond to audience needs.
- A portfolio of work you've done. Bonus if it includes interface content or microcopy.
- Demonstrated ability to create, implement, and maintain content standards across an organization.
- A foundational understanding of user-centered design techniques and how to apply them.
- Empathy and advocacy for merchants and their buyers, in all areas of our work.
What’s in it for you:
- A collaborative, creative environment where we value experimentation and learning.
- Autonomy. We don’t believe in micro-management.
- A healthy work-life balance with benefits such as parental leave, childcare benefits, flexible work hours, and catered meals to give you more time for the things you care about most.
- Being part of a UX team that’s tackling design challenges on a global scale—we’re genuinely committed to making commerce better for everyone, no matter where they’re located or their experience level.
- Learning and growing with the best in the business and getting the support you need to do the best work of your career.
- Building strong relationships with your teammates in a culture that values authenticity, openness, and diversity.
Shopify is a leading cloud-based, multichannel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants can use the software to design, set up and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media such as Pinterest and Facebook, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides a merchant with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business.