Product Content Strategy Manager, Platform
Shopify, Toronto, Canada
Commerce platform for small and medium-sized businesses
For this role, you will:
- Define objectives and success criteria for content; use qualitative and quantitative research to make informed product decisions.
- Help to define the voice and tone of platform products; become a subject matter expert and ensure a cohesive product narrative.
- Write clear, concise content that makes our product interfaces easier to use.
- Plan navigational approaches, think through language from a system-perspective, and define information architectures across complex products.
- Collaborate with designers, developers, researchers, product managers, and technical writers to create products that help partners improve their offerings and our merchants’ businesses; collaborate with marketers and the documentation team to launch and promote these products.
- Brainstorm, plan, and contribute to building new features, and continuously improve what we have today.
- Provide support and mentorship, championing the work of other content strategists on the team.
- Contribute to Shopify’s content discipline as a whole; establish best practices and principles, while helping to evolve the content standards of polaris.shopify.com.
- Empower everyone who works at Shopify to write their own great content by contributing to training, learning resources, and other support opportunities.
You should have:
- A significant amount of dedicated content strategy experience, including user-focused work in a product environment.
- Experience creating content for developers or technical audiences.
- Experience working with and influencing multi-disciplinary teams including UX designers, researchers, engineers, and product managers.
- A foundational understanding of user-centered design; structuring language that responds to audience needs and working with research to validate decisions.
- Versatility in problem-solving with the ability to contribute to the high-level strategy while also being hands-on in the design process.
- A portfolio of work you’ve done, including examples of interface content and microcopy.
- Created, implemented, and maintained content standards across an organization.
- Experience leading people or projects, and establishing review processes or quality benchmarks.
What’s in it for you:
- A collaborative, creative environment where we value experimentation and learning.
- Autonomy. We don’t believe in micro-management.
- A healthy work-life balance with benefits such as a gym/lifestyle allowance, parental leave, childcare benefits, flexible work hours, and catered meals to give you more time for the things you care about most.
- Being part of a UX team that’s tackling design challenges on a global scale—we’re genuinely committed to making commerce better for everyone, no matter where they’re located or their experience level.
- Learning and growing with the best in the business and getting the support you need to do the best work of your career.
- A culture that values authenticity, openness, and diversity.
Shopify is a leading cloud-based, multichannel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants can use the software to design, set up and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media such as Pinterest and Facebook, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides a merchant with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business.
Want to learn more about Shopify? Visit Shopify's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Designer (UX/UI)
Lalamove, Hong Kong
Product UI/UX Designer - Relocation to Istanbul
Insider, Istanbul, Turkey
Senior Product Designer
Enigma, New York, NY
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
IDEO.org, San Francisco
Senior Designer, Brand and Marketing
Strava, San Francisco, CA