Shopify, Waterloo, Canada
Commerce platform for small and medium-sized businesses
- A creative problem solver. You can craft a solution using both custom development and purchased applications.
- A team oriented personality. You can easily build relationships and collaborate cross-functionally across the business.
- An analytical mindset. You can quickly understand and analyze various approaches and processes instantly. You have the ability to drill down to the details, obtaining the right level of specificity.
- A solid communication style. You are concise, on point and effective. You can communicate technical details clearly to any level of audience.
- An ability to thrive on change. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where change is constant. You are able to adapt and navigate any situation you dive into.
- Experience with software development tools such as Git, IDEs, and metadata API.
- Deep Salesforce Expertise. You can build Lightning components, develop on the Salesforce platform (Apex classes, triggers), have experience with asynchronous coding in Apex (batchable, schedulable, future), and can build custom as well as standard controllers in Visualforce.
It’d be great if you have experience with:
- Developing in Ruby and Python.
- SFDC certifications to prove it (DEV401, Platform Developer 1).
- Other Enterprise SaaS applications/platforms: Workday, Zendesk, iPaaS products, Twilio, Mulesoft, etc.
- Design and develop solutions on theSalesforce.com platform in Apex, to increase productivity and enhance customer experience
- Identify complex problems in building out the Salesforce platform, and create solutions to resolve them
- Develop Visualforce Pages and Lightning Web Components
- Develop integrations with 3rd party applications and other tools
- Provide day-to-day Salesforce platform support to internal users of the platform
- Be part of our on-call schedule for Salesforce support (we use PagerDuty)
- Write technical approach and design documentation to support our business needs
- Ensure that all necessary changes on the Salesforce platform are documented, reviewed, tested, and approved before being deployed
- Keep your knowledge current on new Salesforce features and functionality, and integrate this into what you build
Shopify is a leading cloud-based, multichannel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants can use the software to design, set up and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media such as Pinterest and Facebook, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides a merchant with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business.