Technical Developer Lead, Shopify Plus
Shopify, Waterloo, Canada
Commerce platform for small and medium-sized businesses
What do you bring to the table?
- Technical leadership skills
- A commitment and drive for quality, technical excellence and results
- A passion for growing development teams and improving others
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and SQL or the desire to learn them quickly
- Experience building large scale, high throughout systems and familiarity with front-end web development
It’d be cool if you’ve also worked on:
- ecommerce software
- Scaling web services, particularly those using and analyzing large amounts of data
- Building innovative products and features integrated with existing systems
- Mentoring outstanding engineers and growing a world-class technical team
What will you get to do?
- Build high quality, globally available, fault tolerant systems and products
- Go deep into the platform and solve the hardest problems we have
- Work through problems with your team, roll up your sleeves, form an opinion and advocate for engineering-specific roadmap items.
- Be a technical influencer across the company
- Design and build innovative features that are driven by web scale data
- Collaborate with other Shopify leaders, executives and external partners to provide the best commerce experience for our merchants
- Grow the Plus organization both through internal development and external hiring
- Learn and grow constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you better
Shopify is a leading cloud-based, multichannel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants can use the software to design, set up and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media such as Pinterest and Facebook, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides a merchant with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business.
Want to learn more about Shopify? Visit Shopify's website.
Jobs You May Like
Intrepid Pursuits, Boston, MA
Software Engineer - Internal Tools & Test Infrastructure
Kensho, Cambridge, MA
Staff Backend Engineer, Enterprise Governance
Box, Redwood City, CA
Sr. DevOps Engineer - Big Data Infrastructure
Application Support Engineer
OnDeck, New York, Arlington
Software Engineer - Computer Vision
Zoox, Foster City, CA