Engineering Lead, Shopify Plus
Shopify, Waterloo, Canada
Commerce platform for small and medium-sized businesses
What do you bring to the table?
- A proven track record of success in leading software development teams -- both strong technical mentorship and people leadership skills required
- A commitment and drive for quality, technical excellence and results
- A passion for growing development teams and improving others
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and SQL, or the desire to learn them quickly
- Experience building large scale, high throughput systems and scaling web services, particularly those using and analyzing large amounts of data
- A past history of building and shipping innovative products and features as a software developer
- Ecommerce experience a plus
What will you get to do?
- Build high quality, globally available, fault tolerant systems and products
- Go deep into the platform and solve the hardest problems we have
- Work through problems with your team, roll up your sleeves, form an opinion and advocate for engineering-specific roadmap items.
- Be a technical influencer across the company
- Design and build innovative features that are driven by web scale data
- Collaborate with other Shopify leaders, executives and external partners to provide the best commerce experience for our merchants
- Grow the Plus organization both through internal development and external hiring
- Learn and grow constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you better
Shopify is a leading cloud-based, multichannel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants can use the software to design, set up and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media such as Pinterest and Facebook, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides a merchant with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business.
Want to learn more about Shopify? Visit Shopify's website.
Jobs You May Like
VP of Engineering
Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
UI Engineer - Design
Professional Services Engagement Manager
Tradeshift, Copenhagen, Denmark
Technology Risk Program Manager
Twilio, San Francisco, CA
Rubrik, Palo Alto, CA