You'll need to have:
- Extensive software development experience - you are proficient with things like software design patterns, code review, test-driven development etc.
- Data modelling experience - you've demonstrated the ability to build real-world data sets from scratch and refactor existing ones
- Data warehouse experience - you are proficient in data warehousing concepts including facts, dimensions, and star schemas, and have a familiarity with the "extract, transform, load" process.
- Database experience - you have a familiarity with SQL query authoring, table design, database indexing, etc.
- Team work experience - you'll need to be comfortable working within and across teams, discussing solutions to problems, and supporting others in their goals.
It'd be great if you have experience with:
- Ruby on Rails
- Business Intelligence: defining metrics, understanding how data is used in reports
You'll be working on things like:
- Understanding the reporting needs of the consumer of the data
- Working with core engineering teams as data sets are refactored, or built from scratch
- Implementing ETLs in our data pipeline (Python, Spark)
- Maintaining an end-to-end view of the data and how it is being used, to ensure we build the right thing
Shopify is a leading cloud-based, multichannel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants can use the software to design, set up and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media such as Pinterest and Facebook, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides a merchant with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business.
Want to learn more about Shopify? Visit https://www.shopify.com/
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Software Engineer (Java)
PlayStation, Los Angeles, CA
Time Inc., New York, NY
Security Engineer, Spam & Abuse
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Senior Software Engineer, Front-End
Coursera, Mountain View, CA
Senior Graphics/ Engine Programmer
PlayStation, Playa Vista, CA
Senior Software Engineer - TV UI Tools
Netflix, Los Gatos, California