Lead Software Developer - Shipping Services
Shopify, Ottawa, Canada
Commerce platform for small and medium-sized businesses
What do you bring to the table?
- Proven leadership skills - from either a technical or people growth point of view
- A commitment and drive for quality, technical excellence and results
- A passion for growing development teams and improving others
- Experience building large scale, high throughput systems and familiarity with full stack web development
- An ability to grow the team from a hiring perspective, identifying the gaps and helping to fill them
What will you get to do?
- Learn and grow constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you better
- Design and build innovative features that are driven by web scale data
- Collaborate with other Shopify developers and external partners to provide the best shipping experience for merchants
- Work through problems with your team, roll up your sleeves, form an opinion and advocate for engineering-specific roadmap items.
- Collaborate with other Shopify leaders, executives and external partners to provide the best commerce experience for our merchants
You’ll need to have extensive experience with:
- Building backend web services using several languages and frameworks (Ruby on Rails, Java/JEE, Node.js, PHP, Python, …)
- Working with relational databases and SQL (we’re mostly on MySQL with some Postgres)
- Working with Rails or the desire to learn it quickly
- Building and scaling user-focused web applications and/or mobile applications using different technologies (React, Angular, Backbone, Bootstrap, Swift, Android, …)
It’d be amazing if you;
- Have a history of contributing to our community through code, documentation, mentoring, teaching, speaking, or organizing
- Have shipping, fulfillment or warehousing experience
- Have experience with development on a leading cloud provider (GCE, AWS, Azure, …)
Shopify is a leading cloud-based, multichannel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants can use the software to design, set up and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media such as Pinterest and Facebook, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides a merchant with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business.
Want to learn more about Shopify? Visit Shopify's website.
Jobs You May Like
Scientist – Machine Learning
Deep Genomics, Toronto, Ontario
Senior Software Engineer, Platform
Brightwheel, Denver, Colorado
Sr. Associate Process Engineer, Upstream/Downstream
Bluebird Bio, Durham, NC
Senior Software Engineer - iOS
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
Director of Engineering, Site Experience
Casper, New York
Principal Software Engineer
Endurance International Group, Waltham, MA