Lead Software Engineer - Shipping Services
Shopify, Ottawa, Canada
Commerce platform for small and medium-sized businesses
What do you bring to the table?
- Proven leadership skills - from either a technical or people growth point of view
- A commitment and drive for quality, technical excellence and results
- A passion for growing development teams and improving others
- Experience building large scale, high throughput systems and familiarity with full stack web development
- An ability to grow the team from a hiring perspective, identifying the gaps and helping to fill them
What will you get to do?
- Learn and grow constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you better
- Design and build innovative features that are driven by web scale data
- Collaborate with other Shopify developers and external partners to provide the best shipping experience for merchants
- Work through problems with your team, roll up your sleeves, form an opinion and advocate for engineering-specific roadmap items.
- Collaborate with other Shopify leaders, executives and external partners to provide the best commerce experience for our merchants
You’ll need to have extensive experience with:
- Building backend web services using several languages and frameworks (Ruby on Rails, Java/JEE, Node.js, PHP, Python, …)
- Working with relational databases and SQL (we’re mostly on MySQL with some Postgres)
- Working with Rails or the desire to learn it quickly
- Building and scaling user-focused web applications and/or mobile applications using different technologies (React, Angular, Backbone, Bootstrap, Swift, Android, …)
It’d be amazing if you;
- Have a history of contributing to our community through code, documentation, mentoring, teaching, speaking, or organizing
- Have shipping, fulfillment or warehousing experience
- Have experience with development on a leading cloud provider (GCE, AWS, Azure, …)
Shopify is a leading cloud-based, multichannel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants can use the software to design, set up and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media such as Pinterest and Facebook, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides a merchant with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business.
Want to learn more about Shopify? Visit Shopify's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Culture Amp, Melbourne
Software Engineer, Platform Engineering
DoorDash, Mountain View, CA
Software Engineer, C++
Snap Inc., Sydney, Australia
Senior Security Engineer
OneLogin, San Francisco HQ
Software Engineer, Embedded System
LimeBike, San Francisco/Redwood City
IT - General Applications KSA
noon.com, Riyadh, KSA