Senior Front End Developer - Merchant Reporting
Commerce platform for small and medium-sized businesses
You'll be working on:
- Building beautiful web applications that are responsive, performant, and accessible.
- Developing React components and managing data-flow using libraries like Redux, Apollo, GraphQL, etc.
- Creating data visualizations using Highcharts, D3 and other libraries.
- Ruby on Rails to add and modify controllers, models, views, etc.
- Learning the latest front end technologies and standards to ensure we are always using the best tools and techniques possible.
- Collaborating with other disciplines across engineering, UX, and Product to help develop front end solutions to merchant problems.
- Being an advocate throughout the company for great UX
You'll need to have experience with:
- Developing large front-end applications that perform well on all devices using modern web languages and frameworks.
- Working with large amounts of data efficiently to transform and pipe it to the application front end.
- Modern web stacks (transpilers, linters, build and CI tools, etc.)
- Building maintainable and scalable CSS, using architectural patterns like BEM, SMACSS, or other.
- Write and maintain unit and integration tests for our views and components.
- Providing highly effective code reviews and peer support.
- Working in a cross-discipline environment with designers and other developers to suggest and critique ideas, and prototype early concepts.
It would be great if you had experience with:
- Building reporting tools and data visualization.
- Rails-oriented developer tools or integrating front end into a Rails application.
- Developing React components, managing data-flow using libraries like Redux.
- Educating, scaling, or collaborating on new techniques, technologies, and processes within a company or community.
- Deep understanding of specific client-side areas, for example animations, performance, accessibility.
- Collaborating on projects or providing mentorship on the stack you love.
- Critically evaluating a front end framework
Shopify is a leading cloud-based, multichannel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants can use the software to design, set up and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media such as Pinterest and Facebook, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides a merchant with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business.
Want to learn more about Shopify? Visit Shopify's website.
Jobs You May Like
Automation Quality Engineer Intern
Venmo, New York
Sr Software Engineer, Front End - Enterprise Offerings
Box, Redwood City, CA
Data Engineer II
Workfront, Lehi, Utah, US
Head of Infrastructure Engineering
Clarifai, New York, New York
Mechanical Engineer - NCG (Alameda)
IoT Application Developer
ThoughtWorks, Shen Zhen