Senior Software Engineer - Privacy
Shopify, Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto
Commerce platform for small and medium-sized businesses
You’ll bring the following qualities and experiences to your team:
- Experience with Rails or the desire to learn it quickly. You'll hit the ground running if you've worked with Rails before, but not to worry if you haven't. Many of our engineers work with Rails for the first time upon arrival - we simply ask that you bring enthusiasm to learn and we'll support your growth.
- Extensive software development experience. You're proficient with things like software design patterns, code review, a variety of languages, TDD, etc. and are happy to share your knowledge with others. This feeds particularly well into the previous point - being an experienced engineer will reduce potential hurdles if you're learning Rails with us.
- Creativity when balancing seemingly conflicting priorities. Shopify is a fast-growing platform, with new products being developed all the time. Your creativity is key when building privacy protection into a system that changes on a near daily basis.
- A curious mind. You love a good puzzle and work hard to understand how systems, both legal and software, work.
We'll be super excited if you have these experiences:
- Developing regulatory-compliant systems (anti-spam laws, privacy laws, consent decrees, etc.)
- Developing for Spark or similar technologies
- Working with Database technologies including MySQL and Postgres
- Data warehousing with technologies such as Vertica or HDFS
- Following the progression and potential impact of new privacy regulations, most notably the GDPR
You'll be working on things like:
- Collaborating with project teams to help guide product development toward having privacy concerns included by design
- Responding to changes in regulatory or contractual requirements with timely code fixes and product adjustment
Shopify is a leading cloud-based, multichannel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants can use the software to design, set up and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media such as Pinterest and Facebook, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides a merchant with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business.
Want to learn more about Shopify? Visit https://www.shopify.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Staff Gameplay Programmer
PlayStation, Bend, OR
Postmates, San Francisco
Test Engineering Manager
Fitbit, Romania - Bucharest
Software Engineer, Risk
Airbnb, San Francisco, California; Seattle, Washington
IT Security Engineer
Airbnb, San Francisco, California