UX Director, Shopify Plus
Shopify, Waterloo, Canada
Commerce platform for small and medium-sized businesses
You’ll work on:
- Growing and championing a high-functioning UX team, that is efficient and quality-driven.
- Evolving the look and feel of the Shopify Plus product offering. We need someone to help us set the course for our merchant’s journey. From product awareness through daily use of the platform, apps and the rest of the Shopify Plus ecosystem.
- Ensuring our platform considers the full range of Shopify Plus merchant experiences; from high-growth entrepreneurs to our larger more complex and mature merchants. While we may share the platform, these are different merchant personas.
- Shaping how our product teams, including UX, engineering and product management collaborate to produce a world-class offering. Shopify Plus is still in the fundamental forming and storming stages as a product team. We’re building to the needs of our merchants while hardening our institutional knowledge.
- Relationship building with UX leadership across Shopify. While we have the freedom to define our own process, it’s essential to be a partner, advocate and challenger at the leadership table to best support the needs of the Shopify Plus merchants.
- Developing and shipping with speed and consistency. We have immediate needs to deliver on our product roadmap today, while setting the vision for tomorrow.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You’ve led a large team in a multidisciplinary UX environment. Ours includes research, design, front-end development and content strategy.
- Your team has shipped simple and beautifully designed product to solve complex customer needs.
- You bring a product management mindset to design; with the ability to easily balance product with your craft.
- You have the capacity to act on immediate needs, while building for the long term with vision and strategy.
- Bureaucracy is your nemesis.
- You have played a direct role in UX community building and thought leadership both inside your organization and beyond.
Shopify is a leading cloud-based, multichannel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants can use the software to design, set up and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media such as Pinterest and Facebook, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides a merchant with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business.
Want to learn more about Shopify? Visit https://www.shopify.com/
Jobs You May Like
Bonobos, New York, NY
Production Designer, Testing and Innovation
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles
Associate Creative Director/ Art
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Werbemittel Produktions-Manager / in (m/w)
Senior Toy Designer
BarkBox, New York, NY