Commerce platform for small and medium-sized businesses
As a UX lead, you are responsible for the user experience quality of a Shopify product. You lead a multidisciplinary UX team of product designers, content strategists, user researchers, and front-end developers to deliver the best possible experience for our merchants.
About UX at Shopify:
The UX team at Shopify is obsessed with enabling commerce at a global scale. We create tools that give everyone the chance to succeed as an entrepreneur. We help developers contribute their own products to our app ecosystem. We make commerce better for everyone. Our team is made up of over 200 designers, content strategists, researchers, and front-end developers across 5 offices. The UX team has a special role in building understanding and empathy for merchants. We believe in testing, iteration, and in giving people the room to experiment and grow.
We’re always on the lookout for people who are excited to work on hard problems at a global scale in a friendly, collaborative environment. If this sounds familiar, we’d love to hear from you.
Requirements for the role:
- Demonstrated experience leading multidisciplinary UX teams to deliver high quality projects.
- Deep expertise in one or more our of UX disciplines (product design, content strategy, user research, or front-end development)
- Passion for active collaboration with team members and stakeholders outside your area
- A holistic, user-focused approach to all your work
You'll be working on:
- Establishing a user experience vision for your product and helping your team achieve it iteratively
- Shipping exceptionally high UX quality on your projects
- Developing baseline knowledge in all our UX disciplines (content strategy, research, design, and front-end development) and deep expertise in your product area (shipping, analytics, etc.)
- Working with the product manager and engineering lead on your projects to balance technical, business, and merchant requirements
- Helping your team grow the soft and hard skills they need to ship better product
- Anticipating staffing needs on your team and helping to recruit for them
- Identifying people and technical challenges on your team as they arise and solving them
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Holly is looking forward to reading your application. If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, send us a few samples of your work: portfolio, wireframes, UX flows, publications, or whatever represents what you do best.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is thisclose to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Shopify is a leading cloud-based, multichannel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants can use the software to design, set up and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media such as Pinterest and Facebook, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides a merchant with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business.
Want to learn more about Shopify? Visit