- Establish a user experience vision for your product and help your team achieve it iteratively
- Ship exceptionally high UX quality on your projects
- Develop baseline knowledge in all our UX disciplines (content strategy, research, design, and front-end development) and deep expertise in your product’s problem area (shipping, analytics, etc.)
- Work with the product manager and engineering lead on your projects to balance technical, business, and merchant requirements
- Help your team grow the soft and hard skills they need to ship better product
- Work with other UX leads to build a cohesive product and robust design system
- Anticipate staffing needs on your team and recruit for them
- Identify people and technical challenges on your team as they arise and solve them
Skills and experience:
- You have demonstrated experience leading multidisciplinary UX teams to deliver high quality projects.
- You have deep expertise in one or more our of UX disciplines (product design, content strategy, user research, or front-end development) and you actively collaborate with team members and stakeholders outside your area.
- You take a holistic, user-focused approach to all your work.
What you’ll get at Shopify:
- A collaborative, creative environment that embraces experimentation and learning
- Autonomy. We don’t believe in micro-management
- A healthy work-life balance with benefits like a gym allowance, parental leave, childcare benefits, flexible work hours, and catered meals to give you more time for the things you care about most
- Learning and growing with the best in the business and getting the support you need to do the best work of your career
- A culture that values authenticity, openness, and diversity
Shopify is a leading cloud-based, multichannel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants can use the software to design, set up and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media such as Pinterest and Facebook, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides a merchant with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business.
Want to learn more about Shopify? Visit https://www.shopify.com/
Jobs You May Like
Zoox, Menlo Park, CA
Kurtosys, Cape Town, Claremont, South Africa
Senior UX Designer
Carrot Creative, Carrot Brooklyn, NY
Group Nine Media, Seeker - San Francisco, CA
UI Designer - Indonesia
Ematic Solutions, Jakarta, Indonesia
General Assembly, Denver, CO