You'll need to:
- Be based in Ireland, or willing to relocate and be eligible to work from the Emerald Isle.
- Have a passion for Web design and development.
- Know HTML5 and CSS3 like the back of your hand.
- Have proficient knowledge of a popular programming language.
- Have experience with modern frameworks, themes and web technologies (e.g.: Wordpress, Drupal, Bootstrap)
- Using Chrome Developer Tools to investigate and troubleshoot issues with browsers and front-end code.
- Communicate effectively, regardless of your audience - in addition to connecting directly with our merchants, Theme Support acts as a liaison with many other teams to resolve issues, so communication of technical subject matter as needed and on the fly, is a huge asset.
- Be driven to be the best at what you do - but also enjoy being challenged by, and constantly learning from, the other members on a high-performing team.
- Have customer service experience. This could be anything from working with clients on large scale design projects, or a retail job at Dunnes Stores.
It'd be great if you have:
- Experience educating, scaling, or collaborating on new techniques, technologies, and processes within a company or community.
- Familiarity with the Liquid templating language.
- Experience using CSS preprocessors (e.g.: SCSS, LESS) and/or build tools (e.g.: Grunt, Gulp)
- Having working knowledge of Version control - Github/Git, ideally.
You’ll be working on things like:
- Learning the latest front end technologies and standards to ensure we are always using the best techniques possible.
- Helping merchants customise their websites along with giving them first class advice when required.
- Working with the sustaining themes team on GitHub to fix and update our themes, as well as communicating merchant needs to help make more informed theme feature adjustments.
- Reviewing themes that have been submitted to the Shopify Theme Store
- Develop ways to better equip our support teams for any theme related questions as Theme Support works closely with other Support teams in a variety of situations, from guidance to code pairing.
- Improve documentation to reduce theme related support debt.
Shopify is a leading cloud-based, multichannel commerce platform designed for small and medium-sized businesses. Merchants can use the software to design, set up and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media such as Pinterest and Facebook, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The platform also provides a merchant with a powerful back-office and a single view of their business.
Want to learn more about Shopify? Visit https://www.shopify.com/
Jobs You May Like
Partner Engagement Manager, India
Netflix, Mumbai, India
Site Reliability Engineer
Livestream, Brooklyn, New York
Engineering Lead - Privacy
Software Engineer - Internationalization
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Software Engineer - Data Science
Wish, San Francisco, United States
Senior Backend Engineer
Wealthfront, Redwood City, CA