Senior Python Engineer
ShopKeep, ShopKeep Belfast
Today, our mission is simple: Empower independent business owners to dream big.
Born out of frustration with the traditional cash register business, ShopKeep was designed by a retailer with a noble aim: to rescue independent business owners from the nightmare of archaic point of sale systems, and replace them with something beautiful, simple, and affordable. It turned out that by doing this, we were giving our fellow merchants a fighting chance against the big guys.
Today, our mission is simple: empower independent business owners to dream big and to fight smart. We’re doing this through our cloud-based architecture, amazing customer care, and intuitive software that delivers the data small business owners need to run smarter businesses.
At ShopKeep, we’ve been successful because of our awesome team that believes small businesses make up the heart of our communities.
About This Role
ShopKeep is seeking a Software Engineer to join our growing team. You will be adding new features to both the web services that support our iPad app, and to our cloud-based reporting and store management application, BackOffice. You will work closely with our Belfast and New York engineers on everything from the databases to the browser. With billions of sales events being handled by our infrastructure, you should be keen to develop scalable software for the web.
- Collaborate with our Product and Project Management teams to design & deliver new product features that improve our merchants' businesses.
- Write clean, readable code with excellent test coverage.
- Participate in code reviews and contribute to team and personal learning.
- Work with QA to investigate and fix software defects.
- Contribute to architecture, instrumentation, & performance decisions.
- Participate in on-call coverage.
- A solid understanding of software engineering fundamentals
- 5+years experience with Python
- Proficiency working in a Linux/Unix environment
- Experience with Git/GitHub
- Experience with large data-sets: ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL, or Redis
- Experience with containerization: Docker, Mesos, or Marathon
- Modern UI frameworks: React, Angular JS, Ember.js, or Backbone.js
- Agile development: Scrum or Kanban
- Deployment and monitoring of cloud-hosted applications
- Experience with Django or Flask
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Degree in Computer Science, or other relevant technical discipline, and/or strong community contributions
We provide the essentials...
- Health Insurance with Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Life and Income Protection Insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Pension Scheme
...and the fun-damentals:
- Catered Meals
- Happy Hours
- Beer Fridge
- Pool Table
- Stocked Snack Shelf
- Engineering Conferences
We like CVs, but links to your Github profile, your personal projects, your Twitter, your blog, your open source contributions, and so forth will give us a better idea of who you are!
ShopKeep is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We do not discriminate on grounds of religious belief or political opinion. We practice equality of opportunity in employment and select the best person for the job.
To demonstrate our commitment to equality of opportunity in employment we need to monitor the community background of our applicants and employees, as required by the Fair Employment and Treatment (NI) Order 1998. You are not obliged to answer the questions on this form and you will not suffer any penalty if you choose not to do so. Any information that you provide will remain confidential and will only be used for monitoring and reporting purposes.
Important: If you answer the questions about your community background and gender you are obliged to do so truthfully, as it is a criminal offence under the Fair Employment (Monitoring) Regulations (NI) 1999 to knowingly give false answers to these questions.
Born out of frustration with the traditional cash register business, ShopKeep was designed by a retailer with a noble aim: to rescue independent business owners from the nightmare of archaic point of sale systems, and replace it with something beautiful, simple and affordable. It turned out that by doing this, we were giving our fellow merchants a fighting chance against the big guys. So we kept doing it.
At ShopKeep, we’ve been successful because of our awesome team that believes small businesses make up the heart of their communities. If you want to defend the independent spirit of “Main Street," you’ve found your kind of people.
Want to learn more about ShopKeep? Visit ShopKeep's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Full-Stack Growth Engineer
Credit Karma, San Francisco, CA
Indigo, Boston, MA
Technical Support Engineer (Spanish Speaking)
Turbonomic, White Plains, NY
Senior Data Engineer - Hotels
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Mobile Software Engineer, Android SDKs
JW Player, New York