ShopKeep, ShopKeep Headquarters
Today, our mission is simple: Empower independent business owners to dream big.
Born out of frustration with the traditional cash register business, ShopKeep was designed by a retailer with a noble aim: to rescue independent business owners from the nightmare of archaic point of sale systems, and replace them with something beautiful, simple, and affordable. It turned out that by doing this, we were giving our fellow merchants a fighting chance against the big guys.
Today, our mission is simple: empower independent business owners to dream big and to fight smart. We’re doing this through our cloud-based architecture, amazing customer care, and intuitive software that delivers the data small business owners need to run smarter businesses.
At ShopKeep, we’ve been successful because of our awesome team that believes small businesses make up the heart of our communities.
About This Role
We have terabytes of data and want you to put it to use. You’ll work with us on the Data Engineering team to help others throughout the company get the most out of our data. A typical day might include taking a meeting with Customer Care about tracking agent productivity followed by running down a bug with Product’s event analytics models in the afternoon. In this role you’ll be wearing different hats but mostly building out our python ETL processes or writing excellent SQL, so you should be comfortable jumping in and out of projects.
What You’ll Do
- You are passionate about working with data to solve business problems and will build and maintain the infrastructure to answer questions with data.
- We have a big warehouse with data ranging from Google AdWords to Zuora billing to Product usage. You'll model new constructs and improve existing ones.
- Help streamline our data science workflows, adding value to our product offering and building out our customer life cycle and and retention models.
- All of our teams are hungry for insights. You'll work with stakeholders across the company, fielding abstract requests. This may involve pointing someone to the answer, teaching them how to fish, or ticketing a large project for later.
What We’d Like to See
- SQL (3 or more years of experience)
- Python (3 or more years of experience)
- Data visualization / exploration tools (1 or more years of experience)
- Communications skills, especially of technical concepts to non-technical business leaders
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with the AWS ecosystem specifically RedShift and RDS
Bonus Points For
- Looker experience
- Building or maintaining ETL processes
- Ability to juggle multiple projects
- Experience with Git
We provide the essentials...
- Health, Life and Disability Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous Referral Bonus Program for Technology Roles
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401(k) Match
...and the fun-damentals:
- Lively and enriching Engineering culture
- Regularly scheduled hackathons, meetups and Tech Talks
- Opportunity to attend Engineering Conferences, thanks to our generous company conference budget
- Newsletters produced by Engineering teams
- Cross-office collaboration between our NYC and Belfast teams with the opportunity to travel to our different offices
- Regular team events, including Happy Hours and Game Nights
- Catered lunches
- Break area to play and relax
- Standing desks
ShopKeep is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We don't discriminate based on gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, nationality, or any other individual characteristics. We practice equality of opportunity in employment and select the best person for the job.
Born out of frustration with the traditional cash register business, ShopKeep was designed by a retailer with a noble aim: to rescue independent business owners from the nightmare of archaic point of sale systems, and replace it with something beautiful, simple and affordable. It turned out that by doing this, we were giving our fellow merchants a fighting chance against the big guys. So we kept doing it.
At ShopKeep, we’ve been successful because of our awesome team that believes small businesses make up the heart of their communities. If you want to defend the independent spirit of “Main Street," you’ve found your kind of people.